Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig owner

Histate

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the Sig side of the Brian Enos forum. Count me in as a Sig-Fan. I shoot an X5 L1 in USPSA Limited.. somebody always says something positive about it at matches.. even just sitting in my holster. They are great looking pistols.. all of them!

Have only 1 SIG; a 9mm P226 that's got new sights, trigger and action work. use it when I play in Production. Always loved SIGs.

Howsit where were u shooting production kokohead? Ipsc?

Edited by Histate

Welcome to the Forums!

My first was a 226. I won the State Production title with it in 2001? Then, I thought I could do better with a Glock, and shoot them pretty horrible. Switched to M&Ps, because I really like the ergonomics, but, just can't seem to get the accuracy I want, so, I just picked up a lightly used Allround, in 9mm. It seems a little slow on transitions, because it's heavy, but, if I miss something with it, it is all me!

I also still have a little 239 that I bought when they first came out. More accurate than any plastic gun I've ever shot. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome. Love Sigs myself as I have 5 of them. Even though I really like the 1911's, I still really like my Sigs. I have a couple of the X5's, a 226, 239 (great carry gun and I agree with RH45 on accuracy) and a stainless 229 that I had trigger work and some other things done by the Sig shop. They all just shoot great. They are not ammo finnicky and just run. Just as a note, one of my guns has been worked by Gray guns and a couple of others by Sig's shop. Both are fantastic and would recommend both.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I'm guilty also. I have a 9mm P226, 9mm P229R, and P220ST. I shoot Production with the 226. I'm a little bummed that I can't use the 220 in SS, but I guess it's always useful for IDPA. I recently shot the Texas Open with a squadmate using an X5 Allaround. Now he's got me thinking on a stainless gun instead of the carbon slide, aluminum frame gun I'm using now. Oh, if I only had the $$. :rolleyes:

JAFO, I just finally shot my X5 All round trying it out for steel Challenge. I was amazed how well i did even with the double action first shot. I know they cost more than the normal average gun but they are reallly nice. My X5 competion is just as nice. It was my 1st sig and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have several custom 1911's and this is still one of my favorites. It just works and feels good.

Maybe I can save up enough cash over a few years to get one. I really don't want to part with any of my other guns to fund an X5, so I was contemplating looking for a 226ST or a 226 Stainless Elite. I'd be losing 0.6" of barrel length, but at least I could transfer my GGI internals from my current gun to keep the trigger pull I have now.

Always have been fascinated by Sigs and had shot them a lot more accurately than any other platform. Finally picked up my own WG p226 at a pawn shop two months ago and I've now sold all my glocks and picked up a 228 to go with my 226. I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive habit as I've already been trying to figure out which X5 may be nice to run in 3 Gun...

Just shot my all round in steel practice and my times are as good if not better than my SVI limited gun. Even with the double action first shot it was really nice. It has the gray guns complete competition work and it is worth it so far. Other than the upfront cost I am amazed more people don't compete with these.

X-5 Allround here. Love it. Friend just bought a Sig 1911 have not seen it yet but I understand they are very nice.

What kind of 1911 did your friend buy?

My STX 1911 had some issues. Trigger had a lot of play in it,back strap safety was real loose and made noise and had an issue feeding 185gn Rnfp. Sig paid for shipping replaced the trigger,probably bent the rear spring to put more tension on the back strap safety and polished the feed ramp. Had a few feed issues after with some old military 230gn ball ammo kept shooting and it seemed to work its self out. I think it was the ammo cus I didn't have any problems with my 230gn hand loads.