Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlanta Arms 147g in Shadow Custom

KLR

Is anyone running Atlanta Arms 147g Blue Box in your Shadow customs? If so what has your experience been with that load? This has been all that I have been using for competition in my Glocks with excellent results. I hope it shoots as good once my new SP-01 Shadow arrives as I have a few thousand of them to burn up.

I used several thousand in mine. Accuracy wasn't spectacular, but workable. I had to grind the slide stops a little to keep them from activating due to bullet profile, other than that no complaints.

They were a little slow in a buddies Shadow, 127PF IIRC, but good in mine. So I'd check that.

I had a case of this as well, I didn't care for the way it ran through my CZ's, but I shot them for practice anyways. I've found that there really is no substitute for developing your own load, it's hard to match the accuracy, and flatness, softness with box ammo.

I've put many thousands of these rounds through my Shadow without any problems (In fact, I just ordered 5 more cases.) Shot it at A8 and GA state last year, and didn't have any problems at chrono. I've ordered 2 different batches and both of them were slightly over 130 pf, but I'll chrono this latest batch just to be sure.

I have not started reloading yet as i just got into shooting last july. My glock has never had a malfunction running their loads and that was my biggest concern.

Every once in a while, the round won't fully chamber at MR. (A light tap on the back of the slide solves the issue.) This has ALWAYS correlated to a dirty extractor (and has never caused any issues during the COF.) After cleaning, the issue goes away.

My only complaint about this load is that it is dirty, and leaves unburnt powder in the chamber area.

Edited by sperman

I run Federal white/red box in 124 gr as I don't reload yet. I have had no problems and the price seems economical. Would this be a good alternative for my CZ? Or should I just stick with what i have been using...(apologies for thread hijackin)

@sperman, does frequent cleaning solve the chambering issues you experienced? I seem to get some dirty batches and some i get are pretty clean. I have not had it cause any issues in glock, m&p, or kimber I have used it in but I also make sure to clean after every or every other match.

There was a time when I never put a dirty gun in the safe. Now I put several thousand rounds through them before I even think about cleaning them. (The exception is if I have a major coming up.) I'm sure you would never see an issue with the cleaning regimen you follow.