Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who helped plan and run the match. It was INCREDIBLY well ran with quite a few unique elements. The match was great for competitors and sponsors due to the class acts and dedication shown by all those involved. Hopefully 2014 will bring additional capacity for more shooters and will continue to drive a bigger sponsor table. Based on what I saw, it looked like most of the people were able to walk away from the prize table with items equivalent to their entry fee, if not much higher. That says something about the caliber of the match, IMO, with only one firearm platform being shot at this shoot.

I rarely comment on matches, but I have to say, this was a great match. The sponsor support was excellent. I picked up a nice scope off the prize table which was donated by Joe Bob Outdoors, and Joe Bob was standing right in the room, so I was able to go over and shake his hand and personally thank him for their support. I would have signed up on the spot for the 2014 match had registration been open.

Good shooting and congrats! Those Vortex Viper PSTs are great scopes for the money, and even better for free!

Don't mind that "Jesse" character. He's just upset because I'll never shake his hand due to the large amount of "Hair Product" on it ;)

They rolled out the Red Carpet for Jesse as he hit the Holiday Inn Suites in St Cloud...

http://tinypic.com/r/2el797s/5

Those sunglasses he has never go out of style. They may not be ballistic but they sure are FABULOUS!

Wanted to compliment all the MN 3gun guys that put this on, what an awesome match. All the RO's were super friendly, fair and kept everything running smooth. I didn't sign up for this match until it was full but got on the waiting list and a few days before the match I got a call from Jomar and got in. I had the pleasure of shooting on squad 4 with an awesome group of guys and girls. When you get a great squad like that it makes the match just that much better, all the Nordic guys were great, the Zeppelin boys, the Joe Bob guys, the Paynes, Katie, everyone was super friendly and made for a great weekend. Even though I finished mid pack I still got some awesome prizes so Thanks to all the great sponsors too. Just started doing competitions this summer but this is a match I will do every year now - Thanks everyone - Brad

I would also like to thank my squad mates. Many of you I knew before this match, but some I just met for the first time. I want to thank you all for all your hard work in resetting, and for making this match so much fun. I'm sure that everyone else can say the same thing, but it is people like those men and women that I shot with that make this sport so special. I truly believe that no matter how well you do, how great your prizes are, or what awards you may win, the absolute best thing about this sport is the people. It is for this reason above all others that I will be coming back. Is 2014's registration open yet?

It was great shooting with you guys. The squad makes the match, IMO. Our squad ran smoothly and everyone helped out resetting which definetly helped on the larger stages. I got taught a thing or two as well!

Nate: I've been putting off shooting my new Versamax due to these shotgun matches (Sparta & St Cloud), but I'll be "attempting" to quad load as fast as you can as I get a bit more proficient with the new platform. I'm not sure if I'll end up sticking with Dual or going with Quad at this point. If there is ever a Quad Load "model", you have my vote. I think Wes has a man-crush on your quad-load, and I told him I wouldn't tell anyone. If you ever need assistance with hair tips for YouTube videos hit up my boy Jesse "Perez" Tischauser.

We remembered on Thursday evening that we had forgot to round up shirts for the match to give away. We scrounged up what we could find, but we ended up with far less than we would have liked to bring. If anyone didn't get one at the match and wants one, feel free to shoot us an email with your address and mention the shoot. We'll give (1) free shirt to those who attended and weren't able to snag one off of the side prize table.

Edited by JoeBoboutfitters

The Match is in the record books. This is really the first chance I have had to write anything since the match completion. I am still trying to recover. It was my pleasure to serve as the match director. I relied heavily on Jomar, Brian, Kevin, Mark, Kenny and many others. Thank you all.

Jomar summed everything up quite well and I’ll just touch on a few items.

Thanks to all of you, the competitors, without you we have no competition. I hope we were able to meet your expectations for a great match. We tried to balance out our stages and give you many different and unique shooting opportunities.

Huge thanks to the match staff, we asked a lot out of you and you delivered.

Nordic Components, our Title Sponsor, Thanks for your friendship and support. Jarmo was at the range on Sunday morning and I was able to say thank you to him for his generosity. Kenny, you are a great ambassador to our sport, and yes after taking over as match director I do feel your pain.

The Match sponsors donated some very generous prizes. I won’t go over each one again, you all heard me do that at the match. Thank you to them. As Jomar said, send them a thank you.

Congratulations to the 3 division Champions, James Casanova (tactical), Patrick Kelly (pump), and Mark Roth (open), you shot your way to the top of your divisions and earned your victories.

I was pleased to see so many familiar faces and meet some new friends. We had people attending the match from Washington State, California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and many other interior states. We drew a larger cross section. Thanks for attending. It was a Blast.

Jay Schmitt

Jay@mn3gungroup.org

• 2 weeks later...

Cool video, thanks for posting it. If you came in third those other two must have really been smoking it.

The four stages that you didn't see in my video were really really really bad!

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but a "Jesse Blooper Stages" video of your biggest stage crashes would be fun to watch. Certainly a learning video on "what not to do". :roflol:

Cool video, thanks for posting it. If you came in third those other two must have really been smoking it.

The four stages that you didn't see in my video were really really really bad!

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but a "Jesse Blooper Stages" video of your biggest stage crashes would be fun to watch. Certainly a learning video on "what not to do". :roflol:

It was mostly missing reloads with tek loaders, putting an Improved Modified choke rather than a Diffussion in my gun for the Tom Knapp clay toss stage, knocking over barrels on the load two and only two stage and spinning two plates.

In case you wanted to see what it looked like to knock down all 35 pieces of steel and have time to tie your shoe in the 25 second par time stage.

That was a very impressive run on that stage Jesse. The original design of that stage was with less targets. We contemplated limiting the par time for Open Shooters to 20 seconds. We opted to add more targets. You were the only one who cleaned up all 35 targets within the par time (and with 2 seconds to spare at that). Closet anyone came to you was two other Open Shooters at 29 total hits each. You were just too fast.

In case you wanted to see what it looked like to knock down all 35 pieces of steel and have time to tie your shoe in the 25 second par time stage.

That was a very impressive run on that stage Jesse. The original design of that stage was with less targets. We contemplated limiting the par time for Open Shooters to 20 seconds. We opted to add more targets. You were the only one who cleaned up all 35 targets within the par time (and with 2 seconds to spare at that). Closet anyone came to you was two other Open Shooters at 29 total hits each. You were just too fast.

I actually shot slow. The XRail was just too big not to get them all.