Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to worry about a world record. I have a distraction planned. You know that stick that everyone thought was so funny in the last years match? (at my expense I might add) Well, y'all might want to be wearing a cup! Just sayin'

No need to worry about a world record. I have a distraction planned. You know that stick that everyone thought was so funny in the last years match? (at my expense I might add) Well, y'all might want to be wearing a cup! Just sayin'

I don't know what you're talking about? What stick?

Please explain. I need a good laugh.

No wonder they don't want to let us know stage descriptions prior to the match. "Shooter ready"......."Stand by"...... Thud!!!, Oooogghhwwaaaarrrraahhhhaaaahhhhaaaahh

That stage last year, I believe was called "Payne's Pain" was actually one of the best stages in the match. Between hitting a dummy in a purple t shirt, to carrying ammo in the ammo can for the slug portion at the end, and the arrays of birdshot between, it was a great stage.

That stage, which I believe was called "Payne's pain" was one of the best in the match, some video of the that stage is toward the start of this vid:

Oh! That stage when you got to whack a dummy prop in the leg. Now who in the right mind would make such a prop? Must be a good story behind it. Maybe our Range Master could share it.

Edited by -=VILLAMOR=-

Is this range a "drive to each stage" range like Rockcastle or more of a "walk between stages" range like most handgun matches?

You can walk but driving to a few stages works better especially if you're like me an always forget ammo or chokes or your gun.

In the past half the stages were in one spot and half in another spot that's a few hundred yards away.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Thanks Jesse. I just remember Rockcastle where the shotgun stages were spread out over such large distances that walking was not an option. Groups of stages where one can drive and get a handful of stages, then drive to the next works well.

Is this range a "drive to each stage" range like Rockcastle or more of a "walk between stages" range like most handgun matches?

There will be two parking lots to be used for this match. One is the main parking lot by the club house where half the stages will be accessible from. The second parking lot is behind the DPMS building where the other half of the stages will be accessible from. This lot is smaller and we would recommend the squads to car pool into this lot from the main parking lot.

Most of the stages are a short distance from the lot, some are a little further of a walk but not excessive. If you have a cart, it may be useful but not necessary.

You can walk but driving to a few stages works better especially if you're like me an always forget ammo or chokes or your gun.

In the past half the stages were in one spot and half in another spot that's a few hundred yards away.

We are using some other parts of the property this year that have not been used in the past couple matches. We have the ablility to spread out a little more this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the range, day 1 will be done by this time next Sat.

Did I mention the beer garden after the match on Sat. Beer will be provided by some generous donors.

Jay

Attached is the updated squad assignments for the upcoming 3rd Annual Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship. All the original squadding requests on the original registration forms were honored. The squadding requests were done in a priority order, with people requesting to be squadded with each other getting first picks, followed by squadding request placed in the order of when the registration forms were received. I had received numerous secondary squadding requests, most were honored, some were not, and none affected the earlier requests.
See you all in just a few days!
--
Jomar Villamor jomar.mn3gg@gmail.com
Minnesota 3-Gun Group www.mn3gungroup.org

2013 TSC Squad Assignments.pdf

AMMO AVAILABILTY UPDATE:

For those of you who are planning on purchasing ammo when you arrive in the St Cloud area, please call the store you are planning on visiting ahead of time to make sure they have what you need. I have been informed that the Walmart stores in the area have a shortage and a limit on what you could buy.

Scheels in St Cloud is a Silver sponsor for this match and have a selection of ammo available. They do have a limit of the amount you could purchase but we've arranged so that if you mention you are in the Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship, they will allow you to purchase over the limit. The store website is http://www.scheels.com/shop/ScheelsStoreView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&storeLoc=SC

Gander Mountain also has a good supply of shotgun ammo. They also have a store in St Cloud and the website is http://www.gandermountain.com/.

Another option is Cabela's in Rogers which is about 1 hour away but along the way if you're going to St Cloud from the St Paul/Minneapolis area. Their website is http://www.cabelas.com/.

Jesse, bring lots of money as I forgot to mention that Mills Fleet Farm, a Gold Sponsor, is also a good place to get ammo and has a wide selection. They have a store in St Cloud and multiple stores in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, one of which is in Brooklyn Park which is along the way to St Cloud. Their website is http://www.fleetfarm.com/.

Jesse, bring lots of money as I forgot to mention that Mills Fleet Farm, a Gold Sponsor, is also a good place to get ammo and has a wide selection. They have a store in St Cloud and multiple stores in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, one of which is in Brooklyn Park which is along the way to St Cloud. Their website is http://www.fleetfarm.com/.

I grew up in Fleet Farm in Clintonville, WI. Those other places you mentioned are like buying ammo in the mall!