Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse I take it you did not enjoy the tunnel? As much as I hate to say it, it looked better in concept. It was definately set up to benefit those that are young and flexible. Regretably, I found I was not in that group.

I actually liked the tunnel. Shooting out of it with a shotgun was a challenge I hadn't yet encountered. I enjoy getting down and dirty. The part that was real tough was loading in the tunnel.

That area has always given the best stages of the match because of the long run and high round count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirmation emails were sent to everyone that sent in their registrations and were received by Nordic Comp as of last Friday, February 22nd.

We will try to accomodate everyone's squad requests. If there are specific people you want to be squaded with, it would be helpful if you all write each others names on the squad request line of your registration form. People who request to be squaded with each other gets priority.

just talked to neil. we can't wait. we are all looking forward to this shoot.

Jon, I sent you and Susan a confirmation email but I received a notice that the email address I have for you was undeliverable. It may have been that I entered it wrong. When you get a chance, please send me your correct email to jvillamor1@hotmail.com.

Looking forward to seeing you and Susan back in your old home here. The Del-Tone Luth Range just doesn't feel the same without you two running it.

• 1 month later...

Another round of confirmation emails were sent to everyone that sent in their registrations and were received by Nordic Comp as of last Friday, March 29th. The Del-Tone Luth Gun Range is back open after a long winter hibernation, so the checks for the registration fees will soon be deposited.

Everything is progressing well towards the match. We have a lot of sponsors on-board to make this a not-to-miss match.

Edited by -=VILLAMOR=-

• 4 weeks later...

As many of you know, the legendary Tom Knapp passed away last Friday, April 26th, of pulmonary fibrosis. Tom Knapp was a Minnesota native and was a great exhibition shooter, a performer, an instructor, and an ambassador of the shooting sport. He traveled the United States and the world giving trick-shooting exhibitions for Winchester, Benelli USA, Federal Cartridge, and CZ-USA. He appeared on numerous TV shows and had hosted “Benelli’s American Birdhunter’’ TV show.

According to an news article, there will be no funeral services, per Tom Knapp’s wishes. Family and friends will gather on May 11th at the Del Tone/Luth Gun Club in St. Cloud to celebrate his life. The family prefers memorials to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org).

The Minnesota 3-Gun Group, our title sponsor Nordic Components, and our host range Del Tone/Luth Gun Club is proud to dedicate one of our stages of our Tactical Shotgun Championship to commerate Tom Knapp. One of Tom Knapp's legendary exhibition tricks was to throw 10 clay pigeons up in the air all at once and shoot them all individually before they hit the ground. Each competitor in our match will get to imitate Tom Knapp. The stage will be similar to the charcoal stage our match have been known for, but the shooter will be throwing clay pigeons instead to shoot in the air. Also on that same stage will be a donation box for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation.

Here is a link to a short article on Tom Knapp from our local newspaper… http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/205490811.html

And a links to an old video on YouTube of Tom Knapp setting the Work Record 10 Clays…

As many of you know, the legendary Tom Knapp passed away last Friday, April 26th, of pulmonary fibrosis. Tom Knapp was a Minnesota native and was a great exhibition shooter, a performer, an instructor, and an ambassador of the shooting sport. He traveled the United States and the world giving trick-shooting exhibitions for Winchester, Benelli USA, Federal Cartridge, and CZ-USA. He appeared on numerous TV shows and had hosted “Benelli’s American Birdhunter’’ TV show.

According to an news article, there will be no funeral services, per Tom Knapp’s wishes. Family and friends will gather on May 11th at the Del Tone/Luth Gun Club in St. Cloud to celebrate his life. The family prefers memorials to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org).

The Minnesota 3-Gun Group, our title sponsor Nordic Components, and our host range Del Tone/Luth Gun Club is proud to dedicate one of our stages of our Tactical Shotgun Championship to commerate Tom Knapp. One of Tom Knapp's legendary exhibition tricks was to throw 10 clay pigeons up in the air all at once and shoot them all individually before they hit the ground. Each competitor in our match will get to imitate Tom Knapp. The stage will be similar to the charcoal stage our match have been known for, but the shooter will be throwing clay pigeons instead to shoot in the air. Also on that same stage will be a donation box for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation.

Here is a link to a short article on Tom Knapp from our local newspaper… http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/205490811.html

And a links to an old video on YouTube of Tom Knapp setting the Work Record 10 Clays…

Thats a great tribute stage for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Another round of confirmation emails were sent to everyone that sent in their registrations and were received by Nordic Comp as of Monday, May 20th.

We are nearing our max capacity for this match. Once we reach it, we will start a standby list. For this reason and also due to the amount of resources we are committing to this match, we have to impose a match cancellation deadline. If any registered shooters need to cancel out of the match, they will need to do so by June 27th for a full refund. After the June 27th deadline, refunds on any cancellations will only be given if a replacement shooter from the waiting list is able to take their place. Thanks for your understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

At this time, we have reached our maximum capacity of participants for the 2013 Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship. The maximum capacity is based on our ability to provide a quality match in the day and a half format.

We have started a standby list with the order based on the postmark of when the registration was mailed. If any registered shooters need to cancel out of the match, they will need to do so by June 27th for a full refund. After the June 27th deadline, refunds on any cancellations will only be given if a replacement shooter from the standby list is able to take their place.

As we get closer to the match date, more information regarding the match will be sent via email and the TSC website http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/. Please note that we have recently updated the match rules. Everything is progressing well in our preparation for this match and we've had numerous more sponsors step up. We're very excited to be able to give you a very worthwhile match.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently got an influx of sponsorships. DPMS And X-Rail has come onboard as Gold Sponsors and Cheaper Than Dirt has come onboard as a Silver Sponsor. We also got an array of Bronze Sponsors to include TACCOM, The Shooter’s Source, and Adam Arms. Thanks to these great sponsors, our prize tables are going to be awesome.

Registrations continue to come in even after we announced we have reached our maximum capacity. Our standby list is continually growing. Though we are proud of the good reputation this match has gotten over the past two years, and that this match far exceeded the size it was the past two years, we are saddened that we cannot accommodate everyone who wants to participate. Even after we expanded to the maximum we could hold with our resources and space, we still cannot accommodate everyone in the standby list.

At this point, we have 14 stages planned with a round count close to 300 rounds. The stages will not just challenge your shooting skills, but also your endurance, strategy planning, and decision making skills. We will make sure this match lives up to the reputation it has earned.