Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo availability

darkmark

• 2 weeks later...

at the prices in those pics no wonder he is well stocked. I'll just wait for the madness to die down. Only think I am really in the market for is 22, I have a few hundred, and dont ever shoot it, but I want a buckmark or 22/45. doesnt make sense to buy if I cant find ammo.

I just went to my local ranch supply store that also sells sporting goods and generally has the best ammo prices in the area. They had cases and cases of both rifle and pistol ammo, but the prices were ridiculous-if i had to pay those I couldnt afford to shoot. They also restricted sales to 5 boxes per customer per day. For example, 50 rounds of PMC 115 gr fmj 9mm that were $8 in December were now $18 and flying off the shelves. .40 and .45 fmj were $26, hollow points $32. But they had lots... The PMC XM-193 5.56 was not as as bad, $10 per 20 or $500 per case (but they wouldn't sell you a case).

Edited by Stuck in C

The Cabelas near me had some American Eagle 55gr .223 for $10/20 with a 10 box limit. Figured that wasn't too bad and since I needed some ammo for my AR when it's complete we jumped right on it.

Thats what I had to do. More than I wanted to pay but at least I have ammo for the upcoming season.

Finding ammo currently requires a lot of effort. I have been surfing the big guys most days at work (IT job midnight to 8AM) and just Tuesday at 4 AM I discovered MidwayUSA had a supply of Independence Ammo (Israeli) M193 55g FMJ 3240 FPS at 500 rds/$219. That was the best price I have seen since early December. It was on the truck to me before the day was out. Rest was gone before noon. I walked into a local WM on Wednesday and found 2 250 rd packs of UMC 115g 9mm. The guy in front of me got the first one. I am switching from 9x23 to 9mm for the pistol in 2013 and I did not want to reload 9mm just yet. I only have a 1000 bullet box of Ranier 115g plated left and I wanted to keep using that for my 9x23mm guns in USPSA. I finally think I have enough ammo for 2013. And I have enough .22 for practice although not as much as I normally shoot in a year

I think it will take a few months after it becomes obvious to the panic folks that the media has been campaigning for a lost cause.

I also hope thay new manufacturers spring up.

alot of the folks buying gear.and ammo are new and will continue to need ammo and parts.

I think as soon as federal puts out another run of the M855 and then crooks like CTD will not be able to sell 280$ worth of ammo for 1000$ because walmart/cabellas will have it at the regular price.