Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for someone who does a professional looking stippling job!

Ken_Bird

I have a Glock that I want to re-invent the grip. I hate it. Oh well different story. I have seen some very good looking stipple jobs around the country and would like to find someone who really does a good first class job. I live in Dallas but can sure ship the grip to them where ever they may live.

Any help with a name etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

They're really not too hard to do on your own, just practice first. Tons of videos online.

Get a solder iron. i've found cheaper ones don't get as hot, so you don't have to be "as" quick.

For a nice rough grip, lay gun down and clamp/weight so it's still. Set solder gently on grip, watch solder to just barely sink down, and snap up/at an angle for different textures.

If too rough, just sand down a bit..

It can be kind of unnerving at first, but practice on a mag/grips/etc first and you'll see how easy it is.

Then once you get good, just think how many people you can charge to do it for them B)

I have 2 G34's with grip reduction / stiple jobs.

#1 is http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/ Jim is a stand up guy and does an AWESOME job. Word of warning, it's REALLY grippy. There are levels of grip , light, medium, heavy and extreme. Extreme can draw blood, imagine grabbing a running chainsaw blade. You want this if you want your gun to grab you back when you grip it.

#2 is http://lonestararmory.net/products Andrew is also a stand up guy. This reduction is much smoother and neat looking, but still very effective. It doesen't grip nearly as well as Jim's but it's not as hard on the paws either.

PM me if you want pictures of either.

• 2 weeks later...

I can do it for ya, no charge. Ok maybe a few beers. I kind of enjoy it. PM me your email and I can sen you a pic of what I did to mine. I dont want to attempt any grip reductions or the like. But the stippling I can do. I get bored easily lol. Anyway. Let me know.