Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 sights

Lentz

I have a Smith and Wesson E series 1911 that has fixed sights with a Novak cut in the slide. I would like to put adjustable bo-mar style rear sights on the gun. So my question is can i have my slide milled so i can put the Bo-mar style sights on ( is there enough metal there)?

If this is possible does anyone have a recommendationsrecommendations for Bo-mar style rear sights.

Is there someone i can send the slide to for it to be cut that has a reasonable time frame?

I have a Smith and Wesson E series 1911 that has fixed sights with a Novak cut in the slide. I would like to put adjustable bo-mar style rear sights on the gun. So my question is can i have my slide milled so i can put the Bo-mar style sights on ( is there enough metal there)?

If this is possible does anyone have a recommendationsrecommendations for Bo-mar style rear sights.

Is there someone i can send the slide to for it to be cut that has a reasonable time frame?

Should be enough to mill out for a BoMar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Should be enough to mill out for a BoMar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nope, the Novak dovetail cut is larger than the Bomar cut and it would have to be welded up to be able to recut for standard Bomar cut. There was a board member here who was making a base to fit the Novak dovetail and use the Bomar type assembly minus the base, but the slide would still need some machining. I don't remember who the member was but you might be able to do a search and find the thread, or someone else may chime in with his name. I could not find a Bomar type rear sight on Dawson's site that would fit a Novak dovetail cut.

Canon Creek is one of the vendors in our Forum http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=92 and he makes an adapter that will fit into the Novak sight cut and allow a Bomar sight to fit onto the gun. I tried a brief search for a picture of one, but couldn't find it. Send him an email and I am sure he can help.

As Base772 stated that Dawson Precision also makes a good adjustable sight that fits into that sight cut. I have a brand new one that I never used.