Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 INCH STI ADVICE

G34 CORDY

I been saving for a SVI because of the Signature grip but I really dont want to wait a year or more so I figured I would buy a 6 inch STI instead only if I can put the SVI Signature grip on the STI? Is that possible and if so where can I have that done? Also, what model STI in a 6 inch do you recommend? It will get the Limited treatment slide lightening ect as money comes in. Does this sound like a good idea? Thanks

I would order from bennie and have a great gun 8-10 weeks later... not sure about the grips but i love my 6 inch from him

He is within driving distance which is great. Iam just not a fan of the plastic grips hopefully someone could put a SVI metal grip on it.

Or let Matt Cheely do the work for you. No problem fitting an SVI grip to a STI frame. I love my Cheely blaster!

Jeff

Do I have to buy the grip from SVI or does Matt take care of all of that?

How can I contact Matt, I tried to click on his email tab on his website but it will not let me view it. And does anyone know his turn around time?

Edited by G34 CORDY

The polymer grip I dont like at all thats why I got rid of my Edge. But I would love a 6in with a metal grip.

Iam looking to put a down payment very soon on a limited build so what builder would you recommend? There is alot out there so I need some help.

Is there a reason you were looking at the SV, besides the metal grip, originally? I have been down the same road as you previously with something other than a handgun, only to have gotten a compromise and been disappointed in the long run.

IMO, if you wanted the SV to begin with, the sooner you get your $1000 to Brandon the sooner the gun will be on it's way to you. Buying what you want from the beginning is worth it to me. YMMV!

Is there a reason you were looking at the SV, besides the metal grip, originally? I have been down the same road as you previously with something other than a handgun, only to have gotten a compromise and been disappointed in the long run.

IMO, if you wanted the SV to begin with, the sooner you get your $1000 to Brandon the sooner the gun will be on it's way to you. Buying what you want from the beginning is worth it to me. YMMV!

I would like a SV because I have heard alot of good things about them and the grip is amazingly comfortable. Brandon seems like a nice guy and he told me to drive up there only about 4 hours or so to see what I like and to shoot his guns to make sure I know exactly what I want. The price is the only thing that I dont like but paying on it over a years time isnt that bad I guess.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Understood, sent you a PM. A trip to shoot and see is well worth it. Nothing like feeling the options up close and personal, and getting to speak the the man building your gun. I'd do that prior to making a final decision.

Edited by DerrickJ