Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot All Stars

After seeing past season winners or runner ups attend major USPSA matches and get their butt's handed to them I am less interested in this show. Its more about house drama and shooting challenge selection luck than it is about the actual skill of shooting very well.

I wanna see a shooting show with the top 10 USPSA 3-Gun shooters verses the top 10 USPSA Handgun shooters, along with real shooting challenges that push their skills to the limit. That would be wicked to watch!!!

I wanna see a shooting show with the top 10 USPSA 3-Gun shooters verses the top 10 USPSA Handgun shooters, along with real shooting challenges that push their skills to the limit. That would be wicked to watch!!!

I would like to see that also, but the way things are going now anything that shows guns being used for a shooting sport is a good think. Beside like it was posted it might be canceled.

After seeing past season winners or runner ups attend major USPSA matches and get their butt's handed to them I am less interested in this show. Its more about house drama and shooting challenge selection luck than it is about the actual skill of shooting very well.

Now that would be fun to watch!

Y'all forget............ shooting shows are NOT made for US...... But for the "other" 99.95% of the viewers.............. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

I have not forgotten at all. I have many friends who have a new interest in shooting...they watched the shows, then ask me about them. Except for 3GN, I tell them it would be better to come to a local match and watch real shooters shoot. They do and quickly realize how contrived most of the shooting shows are. I'd rather have them shooting matches than watching TV anyway.

Quality is quality! I am full up of the stooping to mediocrity. I am guilty of saying essentially the same thing in the past, but I guess my ideals have changed some recently.

For me it was John Scouten and "American Shooter". The shows do have an impact on our sport and it is positive.

To be honest, it was Top Shot that got me into shooting (and competitive shooting) a little over a year ago...

Yeah, but I've also seen USPSA shooters bested by Top Shot winners once you take USPSA out of their comfort zone. I've shot with Iain for awhile. I can beat him every time at USPSA and probably three gun. But once you get a little farther into the weeds and start shooting oddball weapons that I'm not familiar with he's gonna take me to school everytime. Iain is a remarkably talented natural shooter. The winners of that show have that ability to adapt. They may not be able to pick up a new sport and dominate it, but I'd be willing to bet any of the top 3 could take a year of practice and a bit of instruction from a couple of the really good GM instructors and come back and be a top ranked competitor.

It looked like Mike Hughes did pretty well on our squad last year at Area 1. He was a real nice guy and shot that Glock 19 pretty good too.