Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

potential best gunlube?

gmg

I know there has been a lot of discussion on gun lube. Yesterday i had the oil changed in my vehicle and they had a 2 ounce bottle Lucas gun oil. When I got home I stripped my limited gun down, cleaned it the best cleaner there is, Gunzilla, and then applied the Lucas gun lube. It really surprised me because it applied like regular oil but amazingly it runs very little. It has a stickiness to it that stays where u put it. If you are familiar with Lucas you know they make top notch lubricates. I don't think this stuff will blow out like

Most oils will. Can't say how it performs as I have just applied it but will next time at the range. If anyone else has tried it please let me know what you think about it. This 2 ounce bottle was $5. Will post my findings when I can..n.

I use slide glide #1 sometimes mixed with a little breakfree depending on the outside temp. Or in one case, engine oil scraped off the dipstick of my car... :)

I just did that a couple of days ago. We were out in the sticks and the gun was gumming up. I was scared, but it ran like a champ after. I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon though...

• 2 weeks later...

CUDALUBE...try it out. Best stuff going www.shoootingsportsinnovations.com Have been using it for several months on my G34 and Edge. Its works great in any weather conditions. Anyone that shot the NC Section on Sunday last fall knows what a monsoon it was and the gun ran flawless.

• 4 weeks later...

I now use a combination of Slide Glide and Lubriplate FMO 350-AW Oil. I really like the Lubriplate - works great, smells good and it won't kill me if I eat it (you never know).

Got the tip on it from this site a while ago: http://grantcunningh...ricants101.html

Any local Lubriplate distributor should be able to sell you individual cans of the 350-AW oil. No need to buy a 50 gal drum...

Edited by ctay