Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

everyone is out of stock

KentG

Just staying on topic and not the reasons why is there anyone who has CCI small rifle 400 primers and Tac in stock? I just put in a back order with powder valley. I do what I usually do. Order enough to cover the hazmat which works out to at least a years worth of products for me. Closer to 2. I BO's 6K primers and 3 Kegs. I ordered pistol stuff last summer and should be OK for this season into the end of 2013 if I stay on my average consumption.

I have enough loaded ammo to get me thru at least a few months when the season starts.

Thanks to PV for not jacking up prices.

2 weeks ago I realized I was about out of small rifle primers and 224 bullets. I was in Mace Sporting Goods here in Mebane, NC and they had a pile of CCI 400s behind the counter. I bought 2,000 for $31 per 1,000 I think. I don't think they mail order though.

The last time I dealt with a primer shortage I just put my name on the list and waited. It was a couple of months on the back-order but I did get them. Like you we order enough to make the Haz Mat acceptable. Generally less than $1 per pound of powder, and $1 per K of primers for shipping, handling, and hazmat.

2 weeks ago I realized I was about out of small rifle primers and 224 bullets. I was in Mace Sporting Goods here in Mebane, NC and they had a pile of CCI 400s behind the counter. I bought 2,000 for $31 per 1,000 I think. I don't think they mail order though.

Thats not a bad price and Id pay it but no one local to me I know of stocks much in the way of primers and powder. And what I see at funshows is way pricey.

Finding projectiles is whats killing me right now . I see guys selling bulk pack 55 grainers for 160 bucks a 1000 on different classifieds and can't bring myself to pay that price . Heck I can order Nosler Custom Competitions and SMK's at that price , that is of course if I can even find them .

I just placed a BO with PV. Everyone is out of stock but unlike most companies, PV doesn't jack up the prices, so I'll wait. I just hope they get here before my first match in March!

Edited by polizei1

I have a stupid question. Say at powder valley you want to place a back order. Do you pay in advance or when the order is filled? What places if any only charges your CC once they have the item in stock and it's ready to ship to you

Thanks

I have a stupid question. Say at powder valley you want to place a back order. Do you pay in advance or when the order is filled? What places if any only charges your CC once they have the item in stock and it's ready to ship to you

Thanks

Powder valley charges when it ships. Problems arise when you order several things and they come in at different times or one is already in stock. PV is great but when I ordered primers and powder the powder was in stock but the primers were back ordered. You often end up paying twice to ship. I wish companies would hold product for you if you had to back order other things.

Thanks

Powder valley charges when it ships. Problems arise when you order several things and they come in at different times or one is already in stock. PV is great but when I ordered primers and powder the powder was in stock but the primers were back ordered. You often end up paying twice to ship. I wish companies would hold product for you if you had to back order other things.

I agree and the policy of PV is on their website. Basicly they state if its in stock it ships or is sold to the next customer. In the past its not been an issue to call and wait till all the items you wanted were in stock to order at same time. Hate to do it but I will pay the extra at this point. I tried to order enough to offset the shiping of primers or powder by itself.

I agree and the policy of PV is on their website. Basicly they state if its in stock it ships or is sold to the next customer. In the past its not been an issue to call and wait till all the items you wanted were in stock to order at same time. Hate to do it but I will pay the extra at this point. I tried to order enough to offset the shiping of primers or powder by itself.

If you order powder (that's in stock) and primers (that's out of stock) You have to pay for shipping and haz mat twice? The way I understand it is, They wait til everything is in stock before they ship unless you tell them otherwise.

BACKORDERS:You may order out of stock items. If you place an order for out of stock items your order will be shipped when the items are available. Should you place a combined order for in stock and out of stock items your order will be input in the system until all items are available unless you specify otherwise. In stock items will not be held waiting on out of stock items to arrive . Should you wish for the in stock items to be shipped immediately please note this on your order. There will be shipping charges on each box shipped.Requests for notification prior to shipping could result in significant delays on orders being filled.

First it says, your order will be input in the system until all items are available, then it says in stock item will not be held waiting on out stock item. I'm confuse.

Edited by Silver02ex

Basically what it means is that if you have a combined order - # of different items - your order will sit until all the items are in stock and then ship. Or, you can specify for shipment to be made when each item comes into stock. That is where you might pay multiple shipping/HazMat charges. So, your order may sit for awhile while someone who ordered one item may get it before you get your order, even if they ordered later than you did.

Hopefully, that will clear it up = or = totally confuse the issue. :blush:

Basically what it means is that if you have a combined order - # of different items - your order will sit until all the items are in stock and then ship. Or, you can specify for shipment to be made when each item comes into stock. That is where you might pay multiple shipping/HazMat charges. So, your order may sit for awhile while someone who ordered one item may get it before you get your order, even if they ordered later than you did.

Uhh,, if you read the policy closely and from talking with them in the past they will NOT hold an item such as a flat of primers for you while waiting for your powder to come back in stock. If the primers you want are in stock but you opt to wait for your whole order they will sell the primers to the next customer. When your powder comes back in stock and then all the primers are gone too bad. Now you wait for primers and run the risk of them selling all of the powder you need.

Uhh,, if you read the policy closely and from talking with them in the past they will NOT hold an item such as a flat of primers for you while waiting for your powder to come back in stock. If the primers you want are in stock but you opt to wait for your whole order they will sell the primers to the next customer. When your powder comes back in stock and then all the primers are gone too bad. Now you wait for primers and run the risk of them selling all of the powder you need.

This make sense. In my case my powder is in stock, however the primers I want is out of stock. When PV gets the primers they looks to see if my powder is in stock, if it is, they ship everything at once. That's the way I understand it. They will not ship my powder unless I tell them I want it right away. In my case if I wait for primers, by the time they get the primers, my powder my no longer be in stock

I would back order primers and hope powder is still available when they come in. Primers seem to be the hardest to get back in stock. Powder comes and goes more often for sure.

I had a backorder for Federal small rifle primers and Winchester 209s. I just emailed them to split it into 2 separate orders. I have a feeling I would be waiting a lot longer for them to have both in stock at the same time. I would much rather not pay hazmat twice, but it's my own fault for not stocking up ahead of time.

Thanks

Sarge, I ordered primers and powder about a month ago. They had the powder but not the primers. I waited about three weeks and they sent it in one order with one hazmat fee.

Well I hope folks remember well or write things down. There are a lot of so called legitimate business' out there scalping prices right now. I have vowed NEVER to do business with them again.

I WILL remember that Powder Valley is one of the GOOD GUYS!

Well I hope folks remember well or write things down. There are a lot of so called legitimate business' out there scalping prices right now. I have vowed NEVER to do business with them again.

I WILL remember that Powder Valley is one of the GOOD GUYS!

Huge +1

Finding projectiles is whats killing me right now . I see guys selling bulk pack 55 grainers for 160 bucks a 1000 on different classifieds and can't bring myself to pay that price . Heck I can order Nosler Custom Competitions and SMK's at that price , that is of course if I can even find them .

If you're still looking PV showed the Nosler 77gr in stock this morning for right at that price too ....

Edited by traderpats

• 4 weeks later...

powder is like unobanium. been looking for aa2230 or h335 since december. looking like 3 gun for 2013 gonna be minimal.

Have you tried something like AR Comp or CFE 223? Seeing how they are relatively new, they may be available.

try powder valley for vv n133 or n135 pricey but they have it.