Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 Upper Conversions

minnesota1

Adco sent back My mag with a little note about thanks for showing us this and we are telling people about Sothern Gun Room in England, so I don't think they are going to make the magazine.

That's a bummer. 30 round mags for the V22 upper would be great!!

Kurt,

When I get back, I'll pick up the V-22 and I'm sure that I'll see you at a 3-Gun match, or I might just HAVE to visit Oklahoma (my bones just shiver thinking about going anywhere near Fort Sill again) and you can work your magic on the upper...if it's necessary.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on mags. Let us know what happens with developing the mags.

Hey also just noticed on the DPMS website that they have 25 round mags for their conversion. Anyone think about trying one these bad boys out?

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Edited by uscbigdawg

• 1 month later...

Hi yall

I've been shooting my DpMS for about a year now with no hickups at all except when a friend tried to monopod off the mag. I think the depth of mag insertion is critical. I would try it on a few different lowers befrore giving up on them. I am really thinking about turning the barrel down, it is so rediculously heavy.

any ideas on that?

-Neil

We got my father in law a V22 for Christmas. What a hoot!! 300 rounds through it with no hiccups, and nailed coke cans at 100 yds easily. The 10 round mag is a problem though, it just doesn't last long enough before its time to reload again!

Got mine from CDNN for $259 American.

I got this upper yesterday and the rear reciever pin dosen't quite fit. I can force it in but the gun jams at least once per magazine. MGS says that all the uppers need slight fiting in the rear receiver pin area for Bushmaster lowers and when it fits the jamming will stop.

Before I start filing and ruin being able to get a refund anyone expierence this?

Well I had two choices: fit it and keep it no matter the outcome or return the thing. So being a man with a dremel I proudly resisted the urge to use it and instead used a 1/4in drill bit. Upper fits fine now and I'm holding my breath until I can get back to the range.