Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guga Ribas Backpack/Range Bag

diehli

Guga Ribas has a range backpack out:

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=SSIBP

http://www.gugaribas.com/ComercoEletronico...utosMochila.asp

Anyone seen or handled one? I know it's an entirely different beast, but how does it compare construction-wise and size-wise to the Shooter's Connection bag? Is the waist strap removable?

The CED doesn't really interest me (the convenience of a backpack does, but it's got one big internal compartment... pass), so if I'm getting a new range bag, this'll probably be it.

It looks like it's got a compartment for a Camelbak bladder... purty nifty.

Dear Srs,

My name is Augusto Ribas, owner of the Guga Ribas Products Company. I’m very happy that you are considering have one of ours products.

I would like to send you some different pictures of our backpack, so you can have a good idea of it, but I don’t know how to do it from here. If you can send me an e-mail address I can send you directly.

We know that is expensive product, but the production cost is very high as well.

I guarantee this isn’t an owner speech but you don’t have to trust me at this time.

Just to give you an idea, last August I was in Prague for the EC and I sold all the bags that I had (12) in the first day. So, I think the product worth the price.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much

Guga Ribas

guga@gugaribas.com.br

www.gugaribas.com.br

PS: sorry my bad english!!!

I'm gonna have to get on the bandwagon here and also say that I wish all manufacturers were like Guga.

He sent me a Powerpoint of one of the first renditions of the bag. It is an expanded version of the photos that are shown on his site (the pics are bigger and there are a few more of 'em). I gave him an honest assessment of what I saw in the photos and got a reply back that addressed all of my concerns.

One main thing to note is that the bag DOES come with a 2-liter Camelbak Hydration system. IMO that makes up a large part of the perceived price gap between this bag and the Shooter's Connection bag.

Additionally, the fact that Guga is going to consider some of the suggestions that I made regarding the bag's construction (the waist strap, in particular) goes to show that the man does care about customers... even those that don't own any of his products (yet!).

Thanks, Guga! :)

Tnx...got it...now: I NEED THIS BAG!!!!!

Stunning bag. If it strong and durable its a keeper. I would however luv to see the following addition for me personally - if more people feel like this...then maybe...

1. Normal carry handle/strap at the top - for moving around on a stage

2. Removable one-piece waist belt - to take off on small ranges

3. Closeable compartments for the shoulder straps - to put them away during storage and travelling....

How many pieces of brass does the outside baggie hold?

Depends on what you're running around with now. If you've got a bag slung over one shoulder, I'd imagine that a backpack is better as the weight is more evenly distributed. If, however, it's some sort of disk compression issue, you'd be better served by some sort of cart.

NOTE: I'm not a doctor and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.