Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just in!

Foxbat

It's a beautiful gun and I hope it is everything you thought it would be. But I'd be damned if I would fully pay someone for something and wait 13 months. Probably took a max of three days (24 hours) to build if that.

I would wait. These pistols built by great smiths take time because there is such a demand for them. You mean to say that you have never paid in full for something prior to shipment?

I woud really like to have one. The color scheme on this pistol is sweet. There is a lot going on there. Blending and such, really a work of art.

It's a beautiful gun and I hope it is everything you thought it would be. But I'd be damned if I would fully pay someone for something and wait 13 months. Probably took a max of three days (24 hours) to build if that.

Probably true. It was the 3564 people in front of you that made you wait, not Brandon.

Probobaly whole lot longer than this, but for me, at least, the bottom line is - I happened to have money back then, and if I did not pay in full upfront I would have probably squandered it by now. The way things are today, I would not be able to buy it, so overall things worked out.

Brandon was upfront regarding the lead times, they didn't fall much behind, it was my call to prepay. They are obviously busy, which is good for all of us.

Edited by Foxbat

I was told once that it's around 10 hours of work to build a custom gun. And yes, it's perfectly normal to pay up front for one of these.

Nice, can't wait to see it in person

You will, but for now I am working on making it run, it had many failures to ignite with Winchester SRP's. Not sure why, as all my other guns deal with them nicely, and the 17# spring is normal. Maybe too tight yet. So made some rounds with SPP, will test them.

I had hell of a time getting the FP stop out - normally you slide it with your finger, here I had to hammer it out with a brass pin. Some light polishing of the sides with a fine file and it is now working as it should, though! Strange to see that in this class of a gun, but consider it a minor glitch.

This tells me you know very little or nothing at all about how they do business......FWIW, it takes about 4 hours of machining just to produce a grip.......not a finished grip. Now think about all of the other parts that "they" machine/produce to their exact tolerances. Then all of them have to be fitted/finished...... and sometimes refitted after coating...etc. It is a long, tedious process.

So, yes..Brandon is awesome and can build a pistol very quickly when all of those parts have gone through all of their steps to be perfect. But as someone has already said, when you place your order...the box is empty and behind a long list of other boxes....

I hope you get the idea? I always do what I can to push my box to the front of the line....but I'm still waiting on two of them myself :devil: