Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting into 3 Gun

I have picked the wrong time to want to get into 3 Gun competition shooting. Buying and outfitting a shotgun is not such a big deal (yet) but try and find/buy a AR and it can't be done. Every store or web site I have been in contact with is sold out and have no idea when they are getting more in. The ones that do have any left have gone up in price compared to two weeks ago.

All I can do at this point is wait, hope for the best, and contact my Congressman.

Get an order in now from a reputable dealer! JP seems to have a pretty good plan and Seekins Precision is still accepting orders. At the very least, get in on a lower somewhere. Post a WTB ad too, a lot of people are grabbing and hording right now, tax time is coming and they may be regretting those impulse buys. April is historically a good month for buying used guns for that very reason.

It will take some time to find the stuff but it might be faster to pick up a part here and there as they become avalable until you have all the stuff you need to build an ar yourself. I dont know how long this craz will last but back at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008 the local stores all said it was going to be a 9-12 month wait if you ordered one.

I would order one from one of the dealers and see what happens. I have had a couple on order for quite sometime. If you buy one set up for someone else you might not like it and end up changing things anyhow