Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

installing new trigger

kylet

Hey guys. trying to go through hennings videos and installing the new flat trigger. i took out the trigger roll pin and it started hammering it into the trigger bar/flat trigger.

the roll pin started going in fine., and then started unraveling after i pounded it. it looks like its all the way flush on one side, and the other side is still sticking out a mm or two and it doesnt look very acceptable...

any thoughts? im not sure if i will need to get a new roll pin. this thing was a pain!

Kylet> The stock roll pin that secures the trigger bar to the trigger lever is a little long when you install the Henning Flat trigger. You can cut or grind off the excess that is sticking out so it looks nice.

If you are damaging the roll pin while installing it, it sounds like you are not using a roll pin punch. There are special punches made just for roll pins which will keep the roll pin from getting damaged when you install them into parts. I have listed a good roll pin punch set that is worth every penny. If you don't have one already, get one.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/punches/brownells-roll-pin-punches-prod26482.aspx