Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing calibers on a 550b with case loader?

So I finally purchased a case loader and am setting up my machine for 9mm. Now a buddy calls up and says he wants to come over in a couple of weeks and load .45,

I have the seperate top set up for .45 dies, powder measure all ready to go. It is a quick change without the case loader how long does it take with one on?

I have been searching on this site for close to an hour but can't find the info. Guess my googlease is not so good.

It's just like a regular caliber change except you also need to change the two caliber specific parts on the case feeder and install the large pistol case feeder plate. The case feeder caliber conversion is less than $25 and the large pistol case feeder plate is about $35. All parts of the caliber conversion for the case feeder drop in without tools and require no adjustment so they are very fast to change.

So I finally purchased a case loader and am setting up my machine for 9mm. Now a buddy calls up and says he wants to come over in a couple of weeks and load .45,

I have the seperate top set up for .45 dies, powder measure all ready to go. It is a quick change without the case loader how long does it take with one on?

I have been searching on this site for close to an hour but can't find the info. Guess my googlease is not so good.