Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUCKEYESFANINNM

I installed the zevtech speed feed magwell on my G22. When practicing my reloads and testing it out I noticed that all but one of my magazines will not fall freely. Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? Also i noticed it doesn't feel slick when i seat the magazine.

Edited by BUCKEYESFANINNM

If you tighten the screw going into the plug it will defect the magwell and cause your mags to bind. What worked for me was to buy a tube of Shoe Goo and glue it on. Put it in a vise over night. After the glue sets (24 hours) put the screw in and just snug it up.

This is what I did on my Gen4's with Zev magwell.

I would be careful about permanently gluing in the plug. The screw for the plug shouldn't deform anything all it does is mount is the lanyard hole tightening it just bottoms it in the plug. You can confirm this by trying to move the plug a little without the well installed there is the slightest play as the plug screw is ever so smaller than the dimension of the lanyard hole. In fact it seems pretty common for the lanyard hole to develop a small crack over time with the weight of he well beating on it. The whole assembly only snugs up when you tighten the well into the plug/grip.

Also if you test the mags with the frame and well without the slide installed it will always bind as it will allow the mag to seat just a little too deep and bind. The area I have found that may be problematic is the little bit of the plug that interfaces with the " U " cutout at the back of e magwell. Try taking some material off here on the plug only.

I suppose that you could open up the mouth of the well but would really look elsewhere.

Glue that plug in and you are screwed when you snap off the tiny screw that holds the magwell to it. I've done it.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my description. You are not gluing the PLUG in, you are gluing the magwell to the bottom of the grip. I use Shoe Goo, it's removable, but holds very well. It's a silicone-based adhesive.

The Zev plugs seem to be cut a little short. I have called them and they have sent me additional brass plugs, but every one I have ever used it cut several thousanths too short. This is all with a Gen4.

Again, I am not talking about gluing the plug into the frame, that's just silly. I'm talking about gluing the magwell to the grip.