Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photo Attachments in PM

Lifeislarge

Just wondering if you could add the option to attach a photo in a PM like you can in a regular thread post. I took a picture of a money order sent as payment and would like to attach to my "Payment sent" PM. Be handy as well to send pics of stuff privately.

That is not an option in the forum's software. But there is an option to "add setting" (to the members PM configuration). But it's complex and would take me a lot of time/research to figure out if I could even do it.

So if someone could research/point me to a thread on how to set that up, I'd look into it, when I had the time.

I was just curious. I know about the Photobucket option but I try my best to keep my stuff on my own hard drive. It's also a bit of a long way to go just to send a quick pic just snapped on an iPhone. No hurry Brian, I can always just ask for a personal email address to send pics to.

I was just curious. I know about the Photobucket option but I try my best to keep my stuff on my own hard drive. It's also a bit of a long way to go just to send a quick pic just snapped on an iPhone. No hurry Brian, I can always just ask for a personal email address to send pics to.

Are you taking the pic with the photobucket app? It's a bit quicker that way. Thanks to forum member Micah for clueing me in on that.

Are you taking the pic with the photobucket app? It's a bit quicker that way. Thanks to forum member Micah for clueing me in on that.

I don't want to have to do that. I take all my pics with my iPhone, move them to my MacBook Pro and put them in their proper place. When I want to add a photo to a thread post, all I have to do is click the "attach" button at the bottom of the screen and attach my pic. I don't like using Photobucket or any other web storage apps. If I choose to share my photo with this forum that's up to me but I prefer to keep my files to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to have to do that. I take all my pics with my iPhone, move them to my MacBook Pro and put them in their proper place. When I want to add a photo to a thread post, all I have to do is click the "attach" button at the bottom of the screen and attach my pic. I don't like using Photobucket or any other web storage apps. If I choose to share my photo with this forum that's up to me but I prefer to keep my files to myself.

When you "attach" a file like that, it is uploaded to Brian's server. The forum can't display a photo from your personal storage, unless it's on the web.

When you "attach" a file like that, it is uploaded to Brian's server. The forum can't display a photo from your personal storage, unless it's on the web.

I get that, but I choose not to use Photobucket and all the extra steps involved to manage my photos.