Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production optics

Wilkenstein

I tried to edit the "L1", but the only options Practiscore provides are:

Level I

Level II

Level III

Nationals

Oh well, let the Haters Hate, I'm over it :)

I'm just gonna just go shoot and have fun

If that is your position, you should not be a match director(assuming you are in that role now by your earlier comments). What else are you going to let slide?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level I

Level II

Level III

Nationals

If that is your position, you should not be a match director(assuming you are in that role now by your earlier comments). What else are you going to let slide?

Lotsa butthurt going on in this thread. Keep up the entertainment, gentlemen...this is almost as good as Ferguson.

Level I

Level II

Level III

Nationals

Lotsa butthurt going on in this thread. Keep up the entertainment, gentlemen...this is almost as good as Ferguson.

If it were not for me being watched like a hawk by my moderator buddies I would take you to task on that comment. Ferguson is a politically driven joke that has been allowed too much air time already. PO is just a handful of people who can't understand optics are for Open division. Huge difference.

No, Rosa Parks stood for something that had real meaning. The PO folks seem to just want to keep banging this dead issue into the ground. To use her name for this is just plain disrespectful. Unless, of course, you were trying to make a joke.

Level I

Level II

Level III

Nationals

This isn't about being butthurt, its about adhering to a set of rules that make a USPSA match a USPSA match. His club is "pending" and he is calling an outlaw match a "USPSA" match. While this may not seem like a big deal, it is a subversion of the rules to make it seem like there is more demand than there is for a new division and a minor indication that they are willing to mislead either USPSA or shooters by calling it a USPSA match and including PO, which USPSA does not recognize. They cannot have PO and be a USPSA match, it's one or the other, not both at this time. If USPSA decides to make PO a thing and institutes a 7th division, bu all means, have it. But until then, calling their match a "USPSA L1" match is a misrepresentation of what they are really doing.

Happy Tuesday to all the unhappy people, I hope you have an enjoyable one!

I'm going to do some loading this morning, then dry fire this afternoon.

It's another great day

Are we "unhappy" just because we don't agree with you and what you're doing?

Now, as for the advertising a USPSA L1 matches........

His problem is that in Practiscore, when he set up his match, he answered the "Affiliation" question with "USPSA" -- as such, he could only choose Level 1, Level 2, etc for the type of match.

If he had answered correctly (Affiliation: N/A) then it would not have required that, and he still could have used Practiscore to register competitors, squad, perform USPSA scoring, etc---but NOT pass the match off as a USPSA Level I match.

So yeah--not telling Practiscore it was an affiliated club (when it wasn't) would have fixed the problem.

However, selecting that affiliation means that now a non-affiliated USPSA club is running an outlaw match and advertising it as a USPSA Lvl 1 match in violation of USPSA rules.

If he already has people registered, short of making a new match and hand-entering all those people again, there isn't much he can do to fix it at this time---other than sending an email through Practiscore to everyone noting the error and explaining the issue.

In the future, hopefully the problem won't re-occur. And once they get their affiliation, it shouldn't happen again.

(Hey folks, I"m running an official Bianchi World Championship match next week! It'll be paper plate targets with multiple strings of fire, we'll drop your fastest run, you have to shoot one-handed with your weak hand, and Cowboy Action shooters will get a -2 on all runs for the sake of fairness. We'll be using the Steel Challenge ruleset, but we won't be using a stop plate, you'll just stop when you feel like it. The Bianchi World Champion will be given a virtual trophy and listed in our local USPSA Hall of Fame. Divisions are Tactical, Ultra Tactical, MOAR Tactical, and TRUE TIMMIE. Optics will be specifically disallowed.

That's okay, as long as there aren't any complaints from local shooters about it, right? I'm sure there will be no issues.)

PO is just a handful of people who can't understand optics are for Open division. Huge difference.

I disagree with this assessment. I think zhunter is doing the right thing by trying to provide a way to demonstrate interest in PO. I don't believe he will succeed, but I am glad to see his constructive efforts in this matter. Actual evidence is much more interesting than internet pissing contests.

It's pretty obvious that you can't legally report PO classifier scores in production. I don't know why anyone would even think someone would try.

IMHO it's very reasonable put on a USPSA match, and invite PO shooters, and unofficially score PO separately as a division, and turn the classifier scores in as open division scores. It's more than reasonable, it's just about the most constructive and positive behavior that could be imagined.

I'm definitely not a PO fan, but I would be happy to do the same in the matches I work if there are more than 2 PO shooters showing up.

Edited by motosapiens

After loading and practicing today, I went into Practiscore.

I did in fact find a way to show our match is NOT affiliated.

I hope that makes many of you happy.

Thanks for pointing this out so I could correct it.

We have level 1 matches that have other outlaw divisions all the time. Bug gun, Snubby, Fun gun so what if PO is added as a "fun gun" division it changes nothing but adding something that may draw a few more shooters to the match. BIG F'n Deal!

Sounds like you and your club "Think Out of the Box". Good for you!

Best of luck with the match...

Thanks, my completed slide/mount/Doctor Sight got pushed back a week due to the odd rear sight dovetail cut. I should get it early next week. I'm sure indexing to the Dot will be a learning curve. I see a lot of dry firing in my future.

With any luck I'll get some Open classifiers in the system :) Open minor of course, 10 rounds in the mag is not a hindrance in classifiers anyway

Sarge don't say anything! I hope this thread is finally over. :)

I hope not. Zhunter is doing something constructive instead of just whining on the internet. I want to hear updates over the course of the year, and see how he likes shooting PO, and how many people show up, and so forth and so on. Grass roots baby!.