Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 United States 3 Gun Amateur National Championships

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to this that was supposed to be moved over from the Ozarks match???

Have you gotten confirmation from Ken Flood that you're in the match????

My Buddy just got a call back this aft saying we're not signed up since he hasn't gotten money yet.

Nick

I did. My email said I didn't have to do anything they took care of it....

MC

Heading out to this match tomorrow......will be good to be an RO again......the guys on my squad will have fun for sure.

I bringing my 22RF AR.......if there is time, and Ken allows it.....we'll shoot that thing on a couple of stages after my squad has shot the stage. Of course, Ken can shoot it too.

Tim

RNT was there, we RO'd, helped out, showed off some new products, and really enjoyed ourselves. The stages were very good stages built to be shot without any memory crap, or hidden targets, or ridiculous distances, etc. it was all about shooting and what skills did you have and how much were you willing to push yourself. Simple, technical, challenging, and fun!! Like matches of years ago, not a track meet, or ranger indoctrination. It tested shotgun loading, rifle accuracy, rifle and pistol speed, stage planning, all the necessary shooting skill sets that should be tested.

It would be great to see this event happen again and regularly. We plan on going back as often as they have it, and look forward to seeing everyone again.

Anybody have results? I would have liked to have gone to this, it my schedule just wouldn't allow it.

Only this :) , I posted in another thread.

I AGREE with BBD above, Great match, we RO'd and shot with, squad 1, great bunch of guys.

Just got back from the Brownells U.S. Three Gun Amateur & Junior Championships

4 of the TOP 5 places in Open Class over all won by guns built by Tooth and Nail Armory

ETA : Nick K , SMOKED us all for 1st , WOW ! great job.

Class Finish Over all finish

Joshua 2nd A class Open 2nd

Matt 3rd A class Open 3rd

Jeremy 1st B Class Open 4th

Derek 2nd B Class Open 5th

h8g5.jpg

Edited by toothandnail

bigbrowndog. THANK YOU for RO'ing our squad and the help you and KurtM had after we finished a stage.

I've got a few things I now have to work on that are simple things AFTER someone points out the correct path!

The match was a blast. The 1/2 silhouettes over full sized no shoot silhouettes demanded respect from each shooter to avoid a no shoot. My teammate Jay Carillo got some video of my runs and always is a fast shooter that you have to work hard to keep up with. I can't wait to sit down and see how the stages LOOK compared to how they FELT. I somehow lucked out a win in TO and found out on my way back from helping RO for a shooter who had a few stages left, and honestly didn't believe it......of course, I'm not giving the gun back, they said I could have it afterall! Haha

bigbrowndog. THANK YOU for RO'ing our squad and the help you and KurtM had after we finished a stage.

I've got a few things I now have to work on that are simple things AFTER someone points out the correct path!

The match was a blast. The 1/2 silhouettes over full sized no shoot silhouettes demanded respect from each shooter to avoid a no shoot. My teammate Jay Carillo got some video of my runs and always is a fast shooter that you have to work hard to keep up with. I can't wait to sit down and see how the stages LOOK compared to how they FELT. I somehow lucked out a win in TO and found out on my way back from helping RO for a shooter who had a few stages left, and honestly didn't believe it......of course, I'm not giving the gun back, they said I could have it afterall! Haha

YEAH , you grabbed that gun and ran off SO FAST, I didn't get a chance to give you the pink grips and rail covers, to go with the rest of your gear :surprise: . . . . . NICE job on the win :) :cheers:

YEAH , you grabbed that gun and ran off SO FAST, I didn't get a chance to give you the pink grips and rail covers, to go with the rest of your gear :surprise: . . . . . NICE job on the win :) :cheers:

Hahaha.......I saw you wink at me when I was wearing all the hot pink gear and knew it was time to sneak out!

Btw.....I will be easy to spot at the matches for the next month or so. I made HOT pink holsters, a new chest rig with pink strapping, pink ribbons on my long guns, Susan G Komen ribbon on my car, and pink Rocktape for my personal ailments. I finished all the holsters and figured a week early for Breast Cancer month was okay. My grandmother had a double mastectomy a couple years ago, and I've had two aunts to go thru chemo for Breast Cancer, so it's not JUST because I look pretty in pink!

Anybody have results? I would have liked to have gone to this, it my schedule just wouldn't allow it.

Only this :) , I posted in another thread.

I AGREE with BBD above, Great match, we RO'd and shot with, squad 1, great bunch of guys.

Just got back from the Brownells U.S. Three Gun Amateur & Junior Championships

4 of the TOP 5 places in Open Class over all won by guns built by Tooth and Nail Armory

ETA : Nick K , SMOKED us all for 1st , WOW ! great job.

Class Finish Over all finish

Joshua 2nd A class Open 2nd

Matt 3rd A class Open 3rd

Jeremy 1st B Class Open 4th

Derek 2nd B Class Open 5th

h8g5.jpg

Thanks.

Hahaha.......I saw you wink at me when I was wearing all the hot pink gear and knew it was time to sneak out!

Btw.....I will be easy to spot at the matches for the next month or so. I made HOT pink holsters, a new chest rig with pink strapping, pink ribbons on my long guns, Susan G Komen ribbon on my car, and pink Rocktape for my personal ailments. I finished all the holsters and figured a week early for Breast Cancer month was okay. My grandmother had a double mastectomy a couple years ago, and I've had two aunts to go thru chemo for Breast Cancer, so it's not JUST because I look pretty in pink!

Pictures please!

I have a pic of just the holsters on my gun case if you want it. Otherwise, my teammate Jay took some video and I'll post it after seeing if I can figure out video editing.

I think there is a squad photo somewhere, but don't know who took it.

No, not jsut the holster. we want the overall view!

Maybe a video capture.

I just got back from the match......VERY WELL run!! 9 stages that challenged the basics of 3 gun.....and very well balanced. I helped RO the match, leaving all the 3 gun gear at home for this one. Worked with a great squad. Proud and humbled that TACCOM had so many sponsored shooters finishing VERY well. Thanks to Dillen for taking home the National Champion Trophy in TAC OP, Nate for getting the TOP junior spot in the same division (and 10th overall!!), Jaden for getting his very first National Trophy (Top Junior) in the TAC IRON division. All you did great and deserve the honor bestowed upon you!! Glad to have you on the team, you guys are not just great shooters.....you are great sportsman and your attitude shows it.

This was a great match....and I was honored to be able to help give back to the sport by helping out. Kurt and Trap.....what can I say.....it's always good talking with you guys and, well, going to JW's for the best food around!! Ken....lets do this again next year, I hope that I can get some sponsored Pros to help out RO as well as some people in the industry.....It's worth it!! Big time!!

Tim

I'd been lucky to avoid the rain everyone talked about at the spring CMMG match, finally got to see it this time. You can tell Ken and Larry have done rain before, the stages worked well, even when wet. We had to be careful when moving but it didn't really slow me down since I move at the speed of sundial. Fun match, Our squadded ROs did a great job and we didn't have any problems at all so I was happy with that. Must have been really tough on them, having to worry about all of us AND try to prepare to shoot.

Ken and Larry have some good ideas for next year, and there were a whole lot of guns. I was hoping that $1500 Daniel Defense gift certificate would last until my turn came up, no such luck.

I have a pic of just the holsters on my gun case if you want it. Otherwise, my teammate Jay took some video and I'll post it after seeing if I can figure out video editing.

There is a squad photo but you stood in the back! Check the matches FB page Amateur 3-Gun Nationals...David Golladay took photos and has some uploaded with more to come!

There is a squad photo but you stood in the back! Check the matches FB page Amateur 3-Gun Nationals...David Golladay took photos and has some uploaded with more to come!
Ah.....good call!