Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 United States 3 Gun Amateur National Championships

As you said, does it really warrant a discussion???

and I am an amateur shooter, I'm a professional firefighter, just like you're a pro BS'er,......did you get that, obscure BS reference???

Trapr

boomershooter!!!!!

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

Since the addition of the Junior National Part of this match, we have decided to waive the match fee for any junior shooter as long as he or she is accompanied by a paying adult.

We feel it is important to support these shooters and lessen the financial burden on their families.

Again, we will score this match in a Lewis Class format for both Adult Amateurs and Juniors and the only restriction is if you are shooting the 3 Gun Nation Pro Series, you cannot attend.

This means there will be an A, B and C class National Champion in each division for adults and the same for juniors.

Please visit our website for ongoing info: www.amateur3gunnationals.com

Thanks,

Ken

I think this is an interesting idea, but it conflicts with a family trip we have planned. I'll be interested to hear about the success of the match and looking forward to any videos post match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If my wife hadn't lost her job in March, I'd be signed up by now, but, now that I found out the only criteria to not be considered an amateur is shooting 3-gun Nation, and they are allowing winners of the last 2, CMMG, Midwest 3-gun championships to attend, I'm glad I didn't have the $$ to sign up. :mellow:

If my wife hadn't lost her job in March, I'd be signed up by now, but, now that I found out the only criteria to not be considered an amateur is shooting 3-gun Nation, and they are allowing winners of the last 2, CMMG, Midwest 3-gun championships to attend, I'm glad I didn't have the $$ to sign up. :mellow:

Randy, who are you talking about? If it is Kurt Miller, he is coming to RO the match. Also, if you remember, there were no 3 Gun Nation Pros at the 2013 Midwest Match.

Ken

Ken,

Have the conformations been sent out? What about round counts? Also, will the squad list be sent out before we arrive? There was a mix up with my app, it was counted in with the CMMG match instead of this match.

Thanks,

Doug

Randy, who are you talking about? If it is Kurt Miller, he is coming to RO the match. Also, if you remember, there were no 3 Gun Nation Pros at the 2013 Midwest Match.

Ken

P.M. sent

I am told we will have imbeded R.O.s. If we have the time, AFTER everyone on My and Trapr's squads shoot the stage, we will offer our ideas on how we would have shot it and approached it, if that would be a value add. That is part of why I signed on to R.O. is to give back to the people who are really what this sport is about!

I am told we will have imbeded R.O.s. If we have the time, AFTER everyone on My and Trapr's squads shoot the stage, we will offer our ideas on how we would have shot it and approached it, if that would be a value add. That is part of why I signed on to R.O. is to give back to the people who are really what this sport is about!

That would be cool!! Now just to get on Kurts or Trappers squad!

Jim M.

I'll one up that....

Kurt and Trapr will also reset the stage for every shooter on their squad on each stage as well........you guys are awesome!!! Can I tell everyone that I know you?

Of course you know know where we'll be eating at least one night!!

All kidding aside.....I am looking forward to being an RO for this match, it's going to be an honor and a privilege to give back to all you guys!!

Tim

Ken sent me the round counts...."Shotgun 104, pistol 118, rifle 86."

Ken has a few of the small MGM autopoppers that can be a bitch to hit at times, and available space out to 400 yards for rifle....I recommend bringing 120-130 rifle if you feel you are gonna tag your shots with minimal misses, more if not.

I'll be taking 150 shotgun, 200 pistol, and 150-180 rifle.

dang is it too late to sign up? where or how do you even sign up? i may or may not be able to attend due to end of fiscal year (work) but i'd like to know without sifting through the other 4 pages of nonsense.

Ken has a few of the small MGM autopoppers that can be a bitch to hit at times, and available space out to 400 yards for rifle....I recommend bringing 120-130 rifle if you feel you are gonna tag your shots with minimal misses, more if not.

No slugs or buckshot?

Thanks,

MC

No slugs or buckshot?

Thanks,

MC

I think Ken hates slugs and buck. Never seen them at any of his matches, and don't expect to in the future to be honest with ya.

Typically, #6 shot or smaller, nothing that will stick to a magnet.

Pay attention to RO instructions about what condition each gun is in at the stage start, WHEN you can load or charge your gun if there are stairs, and so on.

Ken puts on well thought out matches and there shouldn't be any DQ's unless someone is being unsafe or doesn't listen.

Is anyone else having trouble getting motel rooms?

Family Weekend at MU or some crap like that. Hotels within about 30 miles are pretty much booked. MU events have screwed up shooting matches for years in the area and will continue to do so. Just something we have to deal with to shoot in the Columbia area. Plus the hotels jack up the rates for MU event weekends.

Craig