Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAI-imported Grand Power K-100..?

ck1

I need some instructions on how to:

1. Replace guide rod

2. Replace trigger

3. Remove/Install sear and hammer spring

I got few parts from GP and need to replace them. Any link with video or detail instructions would be great

Is this comp stuff, or just replacement parts?

Replacement sear, just in case I mess up if I attempt to polish it. Trigger is factory with less curve.

I really love the Target trigger, and have them in my X-Caliburs. The face of the trigger is flatter so it feels lighter. The slightly square edge is easier to index on as I press out on the first DA shot. When installing the Target Trigger, you may have to snip a tiny bit off the tip of the trigger return spring. The arm that goes under the trigger pivot pin can protrude about 1/16th inch and prevent the trigger from traveling back far enough to release the sear.

Unless you have something like the Powers Custom sear and hammer jig to hold the sear and hammer in the right position, I don't recommend touching those parts. If you have the tools and skills to hold the parts true and stone the engagement surfaces to an even finer polish, have fun. Just understand that if you shorten the sears working edge, you increase the weight. If you cause the sear to sit closer to the hammer, you will lose a working safety in the process.

will shortening the hammer spring, or replacing it with a less powerful one bring down the D/A and S/A as they do in a CZ??

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried cutting one coil from the hammer spring, and had no ignition problems myself. However, I can't use that modification while shooting under IPSC rules.

I'm working on some factory options. Hold on. These things do take time.

I've tried cutting one coil from the hammer spring, and had no ignition problems myself. However, I can't use that modification while shooting under IPSC rules.

I'm working on some factory options. Hold on. These things do take time.

did you notice any change in pull weight?

Because it's fun to tinker with things.

Except when it confines with f*#kwithititis and you end up with a non-functioning firearm.

If you inspect closely the firing mechanism you will see that the tolerance is really low. Truly work of genius. I don't think I have the expertise to improve it in any way on my own but if you do, good for you :)

So i got my Dawson sights this weekend. just installed them. I think i did them correctly. what seems odd is that the front sight base does not completely cover the original base slot. there is an exposed gap.

I ordered these as for the GP6. Are the Gp6 sights different?? Or is this just how Dawson made them? or did I install them wrong

k100sight002_zps6f5f5583.jpg

k100sight001_zpsb5de8f3d.jpg

Well, I was playing gunsmith last night and was able to semi detail strip k100.

I replaced plastic guide rod with metal one, some extra weight is a plus.

Also swapped out standard trigger for sport (less curve and wider).

I like sport trigger better, bc its easier reach in da mode

What I found is that trigger return spring is unique to k100, was hoping its close cz so I can try lither one.

Hammer spring is also unique design and I have no idea where to find lighter one. Didn't try to polish anything yet.

Removed fp block, but didn't notice change in trigger pull, so I put it back.

Overall design of the gun is very cool, a lot of smart design choices.

Will try to make a vid at some point.

So i got my Dawson sights this weekend. just installed them. I think i did them correctly. what seems odd is that the front sight base does not completely cover the original base slot. there is an exposed gap.

I ordered these as for the GP6. Are the Gp6 sights different?? Or is this just how Dawson made them? or did I install them wrong

I have the plain irons, and they also have a gap.

Well, I was playing gunsmith last night and was able to semi detail strip k100.

I replaced plastic guide rod with metal one, some extra weight is a plus.

Also swapped out standard trigger for sport (less curve and wider).

I like sport trigger better, bc its easier reach in da mode

What I found is that trigger return spring is unique to k100, was hoping its close cz so I can try lither one.

Hammer spring is also unique design and I have no idea where to find lighter one. Didn't try to polish anything yet.

Removed fp block, but didn't notice change in trigger pull, so I put it back.

Overall design of the gun is very cool, a lot of smart design choices.

Will try to make a vid at some point.

I came across a bag of lots of extra springs and parts. I plan to try reducing the coil diameter on the springs as well as clipping off coils to see if I like the result.

Quick question on this gun. Is the P1 the same size as the K100 (except for the P1 having a shorter barrel)? I'm considering buying a P1 to accompany my K100.

Yep, the P1 uses the identical frame, but the slide is slightly shorter and is flush with the end of frames dust cover. The barrel is about 1/2 inch shorter. The picture below is of the decocker model, not the standard version.

P1DECOCKER04.jpg

Does anyone know what size roll pin is for the front sight? E-mishka did you order the steel guide rod from Grand Power directly, or were you able to source it from another location? Thanks

Edited by Pseudonym

Does anyone know what size roll pin is for the front sight? E-mishka did you order the steel guide rod from Grand Power directly, or were you able to source it from another location? Thanks

Small, it's .080.

Edited by Canuck223

I really like my K100, but I'm considering selling it because of the lack of accessories, etc. Century was selling mags for it, but they don't seem to be listed on their site anymore. Does anyone know of another source for factory mags?

i don't even see the gun listed anymore. Has it been dropped??

I really like my K100, but I'm considering selling it because of the lack of accessories, etc. Century was selling mags for it, but they don't seem to be listed on their site anymore. Does anyone know of another source for factory mags?

I read somewhere that the MK7 has ceased production for the MK12. The company seems to come out with a new make every couple years. Its quite frustrating for parts if they make major changes.

I read somewhere that the MK7 has ceased production for the MK12. The company seems to come out with a new make every couple years. Its quite frustrating for parts if they make major changes.

Grand Power is very much like Dillon Precision when it comes to parts.

Most of the time if a change is made, the parts are backwards compatible.

If they are not, they keep the older parts in stock and will make more if required.

The only major change between the Mk7 and Mk12 is the grip frame.

The Mk12 has a solid trigger guard and a take down lever.

Looks like they're available at J&G Sales.

yes they are still. i am more concerned if century arms, which is the master distributer in the US, drops them. where would we get parts and service if they do.

yes they are still. i am more concerned if century arms, which is the master distributer in the US, drops them. where would we get parts and service if they do.

Yeah, I'm intrigued by the pistol but don't want a $450 door stop if something breaks. Nice thing is that the K100 would give commonality with my CZ magazines after some dremeling.

Too bad there isn't a US-made DA/SA pistol that's worth a damn.

I'm going to call Century on Monday and inquire about the K100 status.