Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAI-imported Grand Power K-100..?

ck1

so i was able to inspect it more last night and take it apart for a good cleaning and oiling. quite a bit of storage oil. I measured the S/A at 4# and the D/A at 8 1/4 # off my Lyman electronic scale. I was able to get 17rd into the mags with assistance of my uplula. I took a look in the box and notice there was a spare front sight in there. anyone know if the roll pin size?

I tried it in my universal holster, which is a Comp Tac kydex made for a G21. Its one of the best buy i have ever gotten. Paid $5 for it at a gun show. I use it for my MP9/45 and Glock 17/22. Put in in there and it fit perfect also. I will use it today till i find something else.

The more I handle the gun, the more i like it. Off to IDPA now to wring it out.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One tip...

If you are like me, you were trained to never get oil near the breach face. On the K100, the rear of the barrel slides on the area around the breach face while the barrel and slide unlock/lock. I make sure when oiling the locking surfaces of the barrel to get a thin film on the rear of the barrel.

got to shoot it and it worked great. the DA/SA needed a little getting used to though. I had a couple of instances of a round not chambering correctly. Took the round out and shot it in my MP and it worked.

Are the chambers in the k100 tight?? Also, I notice that my mags have a square cutout. I have seen other pix of k100 mags and they had a round cutout.

Another interesting this i found out is that my mags need a slight forward push in the magwell to lock them in place. Is this normal?

Also, my serial # is 1k0007x. I saw a post from last year on the k100 and it showed a pix of 1k00200. Would this mean that I got and old one and JG is has sold hardly any of them?

Edited by Sandbagger123

What type of bullet and whats is the oal of your ammo?

Mags were hard to seat in mine until I sanded down top of the base pad (very slightly btw)

I know that two mags that came in the box from jgsales had black follower. I received shipment of mags from century and they all have red follower. Both work fine

What type of bullet and whats is the oal of your ammo?

Mags were hard to seat in mine until I sanded down top of the base pad (very slightly btw)

I know that two mags that came in the box from jgsales had black follower. I received shipment of mags from century and they all have red follower. Both work fine

i am using 147gr moly @ 1.12. have shot thousands of these through other guns with no issues.

I have the mags with black followers. the mags will lock in if I hit them hard enough. If i just insert them they will not, but if I rock them forward they will click in place.

Gotcha. I have loaded 160 gr .356" lead round nose at 1.166" with no trouble. Based on my results from the drop test, I could load even longer, but that mags couldn't handle it.

Have you tried finding the maximum overall length for your chamber with the bullet you're loading by using a fired case?

Gotcha. I have loaded 160 gr .356" lead round nose at 1.166" with no trouble. Based on my results from the drop test, I could load even longer, but that mags couldn't handle it.

Have you tried finding the maximum overall length for your chamber with the bullet you're loading by using a fired case?

Agreed. I'd be pulling the barrel out and chamber checking the ammo. I'd be interested to see if it is the case or the bullet making contact.

went shooting with it today and had the same problems with the 147TC ammo again. I think they are short chambered like the CZ'S. Unfortunately i have a few thousand of the same loaded. So my option is to either use RN bullets or get the chamber reamed out a little, like many do to CZ's. I will probably do the latter.

the sight really need replacing. tHe .105 rear with the .120 front really leaves no light bars at all, making it for me, hard to sight. Gonna order them Dawsons come Monday.

After I get it all done, its gonna be my production gun next year.

By any chance, do you know Dawson's part number for it? I've just called them; and their Customer Service is giving me a mag release for a 2011 (part#013-003)

I've initially referenced a part#519-1552 from a previous post; but it's not a good #. Thanks again!

By any chance, do you know Dawson's part number for it? I've just called them; and their Customer Service is giving me a mag release for a 2011 (part#013-003)

I've initially referenced a part#519-1552 from a previous post; but it's not a good #. Thanks again!

That's part number I have on my order 519-1552.

They had it listed as STI GP6 extended mag release.

I didn't find it on their website now, maybe out of stock. Call em again and say its for sti gp6

I need some instructions on how to:

1. Replace guide rod

2. Replace trigger

3. Remove/Install sear and hammer spring

I got few parts from GP and need to replace them. Any link with video or detail instructions would be great

1. Replace guide rod

2. Replace trigger

I got few parts from GP and need to replace them. Any link with video or detail instructions would be great

Is this comp stuff, or just replacement parts?

Edited by Sandbagger123

1. Replace guide rod

2. Replace trigger

Replacement sear, just in case I mess up if I attempt to polish it. Trigger is factory with less curve.

1. Replace guide rod

2. Replace trigger

Replacement sear, just in case I mess up if I attempt to polish it. Trigger is factory with less curve.

I really love the Target trigger, and have them in my X-Caliburs. The face of the trigger is flatter so it feels lighter. The slightly square edge is easier to index on as I press out on the first DA shot. When installing the Target Trigger, you may have to snip a tiny bit off the tip of the trigger return spring. The arm that goes under the trigger pivot pin can protrude about 1/16th inch and prevent the trigger from traveling back far enough to release the sear.

Unless you have something like the Powers Custom sear and hammer jig to hold the sear and hammer in the right position, I don't recommend touching those parts. If you have the tools and skills to hold the parts true and stone the engagement surfaces to an even finer polish, have fun. Just understand that if you shorten the sears working edge, you increase the weight. If you cause the sear to sit closer to the hammer, you will lose a working safety in the process.