Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAI-imported Grand Power K-100..?

ck1

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Century has an order for 1000 mags on the way. I'd recommend waiting til they get there, they have our new follower design for enhanced reliability.

Call Century and tell them you want mags!

Robby

Spoke with Century the other day, and they weren't sure exactly when the mags would get it. Sounded like it might be a couple months. Also, when asked about competition models like X-Calibur, I was essentially told that my guess was as good as theirs on importing/distributing them. Dang.

Century has an order for 1000 mags on the way. I'd recommend waiting til they get there, they have our new follower design for enhanced reliability.

Call Century and tell them you want mags!

Robby

Spoke with Century the other day, and they weren't sure exactly when the mags would get it. Sounded like it might be a couple months. Also, when asked about competition models like X-Calibur, I was essentially told that my guess was as good as theirs on importing/distributing them.

Reb, sent you a PM

• 1 month later...

The last word I got came direct from Grand Power. Century received a huge shipment of mags at least a month ago.

JonnyShooting2_zps6fcb1c28.jpg

Check out one of the juniors on the Canadian team rocking his X-Calibur. Jonathon sure can rock the trigger.

Up here we can only get the dimpled 10 round mags. The followers are a deep orange.

PM me with your e-mail address. I've had several conversations on the go. I wouldn't want to have missed one.

Dawson has rear sights and front sights for k100(gp6).

It seems that only one available is .180 tall fs. Anyone has idea whats the poa/poi with 124gn bullet?

Is there a way to get adjustable rear sight for k100?

I use the .180 tall front sight and it works but you need to change the rear sight as well.

I have seen that XS Sights has a solution for the STI GP6, which was confirmed by email. I am not sure about their sights in pratical shooting.

Different topic: which powder works best for you? I have been using Unique as it was all I could find, I have one 1-lb as well as a 4-lb canister left but I am ready to change as soon as powder becomes available again.

Unique is a very dirty powder and it really makes a mess in the K100. I also believe it renders it very inaccurate after a few rounds. I could explain why with photos, but in my experience, you go from a 2-inch group at 7 yards to an 8-inch group pretty quickly.

I believe this gun not only requires lots of frequent cleanup but also clean powder. Unique is indeed the crappest powder.

Different topic: which powder works best for you? I have been using Unique as it was all I could find, I have one 1-lb as well as a 4-lb canister left but I am ready to change as soon as powder becomes available again.

Unique is a very dirty powder and it really makes a mess in the K100. I also believe it renders it very inaccurate after a few rounds. I could explain why with photos, but in my experience, you go from a 2-inch group at 7 yards to an 8-inch group pretty quickly.

I believe this gun not only requires lots of frequent cleanup but also clean powder. Unique is indeed the crappest powder.

Slower burning powers tend to be cleanest when near the top end of their pressure curve.

I find Viht N320 to be my best option. It's clean and right in the ballpark. 4.3gr with 125g Zero jhp-c at 1.142

One thing you may want to try to keep your K100 running far longer between detail cleanings, kinda goes against the grain.

I was always told to avoid getting oil near the breech face and firing pin hole. In the 1911, and traditional tilting barrel designs, it's good advice. However, take a look at the bearing surfaces on the K100 barrel. There is a huge portion of the rear of the barrel that is in contact with the area around the breech face as the gun goes into battery. I put a thin film of oil on the rear of the barrel where it contacts the slide.

Thanks, Canuck. I picked up some Clays today but I am not sure I am going to use it with 147gr.

I have still a lot of Berry's 124gr 9mm HP. Is that OAL of 1.140+ good to start with?

I may try some Clays with 147 but starting at a low number, like 2.8gr.