Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAI-imported Grand Power K-100..?

ck1

I really like my K100, but I'm considering selling it because of the lack of accessories, etc. Century was selling mags for it, but they don't seem to be listed on their site anymore. Does anyone know of another source for factory mags?

i don't even see the gun listed anymore. Has it been dropped??

Looks like they're available at J&G Sales.

i think JG is still sitting on a few. i got mine a few weeks ago and its serial # ooo7x. i saw a post on another forum that showed serial 00201. I speculate that its not been a big seller for them.

If century really is dropping them, i hope another company steps up and market it better than they have

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought my K100 in early July from grabagun. My serial is 00400 series. Grabagun had two in stock when I bought mine. They've had one in stock since early August.

I blame Century for not pushing them enough.

Like I said before, I really like the pistol and I have no doubt that Grand Power is a reputable company that stands behind its products. However, obtaining parts and accessories is very difficult from an overseas company.

I really like my K100, but I'm considering selling it because of the lack of accessories, etc. Century was selling mags for it, but they don't seem to be listed on their site anymore. Does anyone know of another source for factory mags?

yes they are still. i am more concerned if century arms, which is the master distributer in the US, drops them. where would we get parts and service if they do.

I'm going to call Century on Monday and inquire about the K100 status.

yes they are still. i am more concerned if century arms, which is the master distributer in the US, drops them. where would we get parts and service if they do.

I'm going to call Century on Monday and inquire about the K100 status.

any update?

I spoke to Century yesterday and they still had 75 magazines in stock. If what the sales person said is correct they have been out of stock on the Grand Power pistols, and they are waiting on the new series of pistols to arrive. I hope that is the case because this is a fantastic gun and I would like to get an X-Calibur and a K22 X-Trim, if they are imported into the states.

Edited by Pseudonym

so today i got the dreaded firing pin stuck forward and exposed. this was during dry firing it. I have maybe 1k dryfires through it. in another thread it was explained what is wrong and i just knocked out the pin and rotated it 180 degrees and put it back in. Seems to have worked. fortunately i was not using ammo or it probably would have discharged. I think this gun needs snap caps when dryfiring to prevent damage.

Has anyone had trouble with the K100 trigger not resetting? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes when shooting rapidly, the gun will not fire. I have to release pressure on the trigger, then press it again for it to fire. Also, when playing around with the trigger in SA mode, I often get an audible "click" when touching the trigger, but not actually fully pulling it. I wonder if this has any relation to the reset issue.

Has anyone had trouble with the K100 trigger not resetting? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes when shooting rapidly, the gun will not fire. I have to release pressure on the trigger, then press it again for it to fire. Also, when playing around with the trigger in SA mode, I often get an audible "click" when touching the trigger, but not actually fully pulling it. I wonder if this has any relation to the reset issue.

The click could be the trigger bar popping back up into the slide recesses. When you detail clean the gun with the gripframe off, be sure to clean and re-oil the trigger bow where the lobes slide over the insert.

How do I go about detail stripping the gun?

Safety check and field strip it of course.

Press out the slide stop pin.

Press out the rear frame roll pin from right to left.

Rotate the safety into the on position.

Pull up the frame insert at the rear just a bit.

Try to get your fingernails under the right safety lever cap, and rotate the safety a little to get it off the safety cylinder.

Press the safety cylinder and remaining cap out the other side.

Pull the frame insert up and out of the gripframe.

(Watch out for the slide stop spring. It simply sits in a recess under the frame insert.)

Press the safety lever detents out of the grip, at least enough for the trigger bar to lift up for cleaning.

i have a question about the impact on the k100. i had a chance to shoot 124 and 147 grain loads today. what i found interesting is that there was hardly any difference in the impact point between the 2 bullet weight. most of the gun I have shot in the past would send 147's higher. Glocks,MP's. of course these are tilting type barrels compared to the rotating barrel of the k100.

So is the rotating barrel not affected by bullet weights? Does yours shoot different impact with different weight bullets?

If you go down in power to power floor with 147gr, I am starting to believe that the bullets will be affected by the rotation of the barrel. I have noticed that my hits were not as centered but instead would group slightly to the left.

I am slowly considering switching back to 125gr.

i have a question about the impact on the k100. i had a chance to shoot 124 and 147 grain loads today. what i found interesting is that there was hardly any difference in the impact point between the 2 bullet weight. most of the gun I have shot in the past would send 147's higher. Glocks,MP's. of course these are tilting type barrels compared to the rotating barrel of the k100.

So is the rotating barrel not affected by bullet weights? Does yours shoot different impact with different weight bullets?

I find when shooting 130-135 PF ammo, 147's shoot several inches higher. When using my older K100 with the Dynamic fixed rear sight, I had to switch to the .160 tall front sight to bring my POI down.

I haven't had a decent supply of quality 147's this year, so the X-Calibur I'm using now has been feed 125's

I find when shooting 130-135 PF ammo, 147's shoot several inches higher. When using my older K100 with the Dynamic fixed rear sight, I had to switch to the .160 tall front sight to bring my POI down.

I haven't had a decent supply of quality 147's this year, so the X-Calibur I'm using now has been feed 125's

Interesting. I have the Dawson rear and front FO .180 tall. at 50 feet, they were 2 1/2 to 3 inches low. It was the same with 124 or 147's My preference on my guns is to hit at the top of the blade.. according to the Dawson calculator, i will need a . 155 tall to get that. Unfortunately they don't list that height. i will call them in the morning and see if they can make one i would love a .090 w .155 tall.

did some measuring of the factory and Dawson sights today. dawsons are .235 high rear and recommend the .180 front. The stock measured .215 rear and .120 front. So the Dawsons are .55 difference in height between the front and rear. The stock are .90 difference.

So it seems using a .140 that is offered by Dawson would seem to match the stock heights better. Why Dawson recommends the .180, i have no idea. My own testing in my last post seems to show that using the .140 would be correct. Will call them and try to get a .140