Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 BENELLI ROCKCASTLE TACTICAL SHOTGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

Casman, it wouldn't kill me, but I would wish I was dead ( for the record I never rode bulls, but Horses are a different story).

Oh Yeah! I guess you can ride those too! Catch you out in Vegas!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a stage where you sprint 50 yards load one round and fire a shot to stop the time! If you won this stage would you feel you were a great practical Shotguner? Ooo how about an athlete? Again, I like this match well enought to return, that is saying something as it costs me more than most ($$$) I live two hours from the airport and in Washington state! Beyond that the debate "running vs shooting" is older than leftygirl! And it usually comes down one faction wanting to run because it improves their scores (without any increase in shooting skills). Movement skills are NOT sprinting skills. Movement within a stage is a critical aspect of practical shooting and even us old broken guys can do that. Without getting even longer winded. Should leftygirl beat Jerry miculek because she can run 100 yards 50% faster but shoot 80% slower in a " shooting contest?"

I liked all the stages. I thought the mix was right between short and long courses of fire. The use of different areas on Rockcastle was cool. This was my 1st SG only match, but I get the appeal. Nothing repetitive or boring, with 18 stages. As far as the running...just about right in my opinion.

Hey! You think the stages were rough on competitors, try ROing and running the 20 yard dash on Stage 1 125 times! My feet are still hurting!

THIS^^^ Is one of the reasons KurtM stated as to the match being a little to long on running.

In my last entry, might anyone care to answer either the first or second or third question?

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Hey! You think the stages were rough on competitors, try ROing and running the 20 yard dash on Stage 1 125 times! My feet are still hurting!

THIS^^^ Is one of the reasons KurtM stated as to the match being a little to long on running.

In my last entry, might anyone care to answer either the first or second or third question?

No, no, and no.

But it was still a great match and I had a great time.

This was my first major solo match, I also shoot the Colt 3Man match. I was squaded with some of the top 15 finishers and hanging right with them. Stage 8 was my crash and burn stage. The biggest thing I learned is... if they call you first shooter on a stage and you're not ready,.... tell the RO you're not ready. I thought the match was great. I drove 12hrs and got my money's worth.

One thing on the down side, I hope next year the match tee-shirt is more then a Benelli shirt.

And hope next year they bring in XL sized shirts!!

I was part of the Canadian contingent that made it down for the second year.

I was happy with the match, even though my day 2 started out a little rougher than I would have hoped.

Likely due to Chad making fun of my "golf attire" and videoing me crash and burn stage 10.

Chad, you show that to anyone and I'll slap you next time I see you!!!!

I'll agree that I would have liked a little less running for the sake of running, but loved the stages and thought they were a big improvement from last year.

Felt a lot less like shooting a plate rack every stage, and stage planning took a much bigger role this time around.

I'll continue to drive the 12 hours to attend.

Huge thanks to the RO's for the effort they put in, to Joe and the stats ladies for all the behind the scenes work and Katie, Trapr, Kurt for getting soaked at the clinic to share their knowledge with us.

And of course the sponsors who give generously to make these matches what they are.

I’ll tell you one thing about the match that we can all agree on…Sure was nice weather (especially compared to last year’s 108 degree marathon death march experience).

My thanks to all the staff and RO crews than made it happen, we couldn’t have all this fun without your hard work.

One other thing- for those that didn't eat dinner at Rockcastle on Fri or Sat nights- they have definately stepped up the food! Friday night buffet had the best catfish I've ever eaten, and I am not a fan of fish. It was so good, my wife ordered it again off the menu on Sat night. The buffet on Saturday night was fried chicken and BBQ. Now, I'm sure all you guys from Texas say "that ain't BBQ", but I thought it was great. Thanks to The Rock for being a great host.

And hope next year they bring in XL sized shirts!!

I was part of the Canadian contingent that made it down for the second year.

I was happy with the match, even though my day 2 started out a little rougher than I would have hoped.

Likely due to Chad making fun of my "golf attire" and videoing me crash and burn stage 10.

Chad, you show that to anyone and I'll slap you next time I see you!!!!

I'll agree that I would have liked a little less running for the sake of running, but loved the stages and thought they were a big improvement from last year.

Felt a lot less like shooting a plate rack every stage, and stage planning took a much bigger role this time around.

I'll continue to drive the 12 hours to attend.

Huge thanks to the RO's for the effort they put in, to Joe and the stats ladies for all the behind the scenes work and Katie, Trapr, Kurt for getting soaked at the clinic to share their knowledge with us.

And of course the sponsors who give generously to make these matches what they are.

Youre going to be famous Paul!!!!!

One other thing- for those that didn't eat dinner at Rockcastle on Fri or Sat nights- they have definately stepped up the food! Friday night buffet had the best catfish I've ever eaten, and I am not a fan of fish. It was so good, my wife ordered it again off the menu on Sat night. The buffet on Saturday night was fried chicken and BBQ. Now, I'm sure all you guys from Texas say "that ain't BBQ", but I thought it was great. Thanks to The Rock for being a great host.

The more we support The Rock the better. I want to make sure I get to shoot there for the next 20 years.

I just started uploading videos from this match and my legs started hurting again!

My ankle is slowly gettin better. Nothing like a hard reminder to get in better shape

I had couple weird 1st round no cycle jams, 1 shell was too long to allow xrail to rotate on stage 5, and 3 shells must've had no powder.

I think I had a live round get behind the ejector on stage 17. Live round on boltface and live round on lifter locked fully back. Had to pry round off boltface???

And when the shotty ran 100%, lack of prep/dumbass attack showd up for some fun!

This match definitely was an experience to remember!

Nick