Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 BENELLI ROCKCASTLE TACTICAL SHOTGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

We missed last year and I'm really glad we made it this year. This was a really fun match!

Thanks to squad 2. Got to know a few acquaintances a little better and made some new friends along the way.

A HUGE thank you to all the ROs. I'm beat, but you guys must be exhausted.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Home from Rockcastle after a 12hr drive... (The things we'll do to go shooting.... :D )

Thanks you to all involved in the running of the event and to the guys of Squad 3. 'Pleasure to spend the match with you all.

I'm beat down, but what a great match! Wanna thank everyone at Rockcastle from staff to the MD and the RO's. It was my first time at Rockcastle and had a blast. I'm looking forward to next year.

Also squad four was great, shot with friends and made a bunch of new ones.

Edited by JMIS

Thanks to Joe for putting on another great match! This was my first shotgun only match- the challenge in it was much more technical than I expected.

Thank you to all the ROs that worked the match. Great group of guys and ladies! Thanks to Rockcastle for making each and every competitor feel like they are at home. I'm fortunate that I live close and was able to have my wife and kids at the match to share in the fun, but even when they aren't there, the staff at Rockcastle treats me like family. (including the harrassment!)

A final thank you to all the sponsors of the match. We appreciate these dedicated companies!

At last made it home after 12 hours of driving and thinking back over the match and have a few thoughts.

First a big thanks for Joe and his crew for making this happen, the work load and the commitment that it takes to put on a match of any size is big. You guys did it with class and style.

Loved the combination of field and fixed range courses, nice to shoot two different styles in the match. All the Range Officers that I dealt with were professional and good natured and it made for a very enjoyable time.

To the guys on Squad three. Thanks you eached worked hard and I enjoyed making some new friends.

Pro's, match was run great, joe put on a great match as we knew he would. R.O.'s was great. Con's, felt it was set up fot the young shooters that run like a deer. Brought 2 of my own deer in ty gentry and brian hill. The older shooters had a hard time with so much running [ahem] . Over all a good match.

Great and very challenging match. Thanks to the match crew, ROs, sponsors and everyone who made it happen. I am really looking forward to the next year match.

Also thanks to Kurt, Trapr and Katie for the pro clinic before the match!

Edited by euxx

Pro's, match was run great, joe put on a great match as we knew he would. R.O.'s was great. Con's, felt it was set up fot the young shooters that run like a deer. Brought 2 of my own deer in ty gentry and brian hill. The older shooters had a hard time with so much running [ahem] . Over all a good match.

Sounds like this old cowboy is ready for some SASS, lol!

Hat's off to Joe and all the RO's the staff, Benelli, and Rockcastle.

18 stages and over 300 rounds of birdshot alone is going to be hard to beat.

I was on squad 1 and what a great squad......I can not wait to go next year.

Over all.....a great match.

Tim

Excellent match all around.... the stages were a very, very good mix of technical shooting, speed shoots, and "physicality". Everything on the admin side was great.. ROs, stats, prize table, all went very well. And since nobody else has mentioned it yet... a massive tip of the hat to Mark Roth of X-Rail, who pulled off the classiest move I've seen in a while.

Mark won Open division, and a certificate for a Benelli Super Nova, which he promptly gave away to a young new shotgunner there at the match. Damn fine dude, damn fine. Stuff like that makes me proud to be a part of this community.

DanO

Thanks to Joe and staff for putting on the match! It was a great time, and everything ran smooth. I was on rowdy quad 5. We had a lot of laughs and a lot of great shooters.

The drive sucked, but everything else was awesome :)

Brian Hill

Finals are up.

I want to thank all the ROs for the help and all the competitors for coming to the match. Please take time to thank all the sponsors for the generosity.

We had a snafu with the finals scores that was brought to my attention yesterday. I have personally contacted the 3 people it effected the most and they understand completely and have no problem with it.

It effected about 10-12 people in there final scores. If you were effected and moved up a place or two please feel free to contact me and I will make up the prize difference out of my pocket. The ladies worked hard and it was a simple mistake, it is ultimately my responsibility so please don't take anything out on them.

The stage scores that were posted that night were correct. When they transferred to the finals it left one stage score out of on a few people. I am sorry for any inconvenience. It did not effect any of the category winners. Before anybody makes a response, I have personally talked to Pat Kelley, Bryan Ray, and Dean Deturk. Those three were effected more than anyone.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and hope to see you next year.

Shotgun at the Rock. It doesn't get any better than that. My favorite match both last year in the 100+ weather and this year in the perfect weather.

Thanks to Joe, Pete, stat ladies and the RO's. It was another well designed, well run match. Thanks also to Kurt, Trapr and Katie for braving the rain and giving

an informative clinic, got several great tips. Squad 7 had a lot of fun and I got to know some more friendly people, like always. It is also nice to see the ever growing number of young shooters.

They are a joy to watch. Also thanks to Patrick Kelley, love to run into him at a match. No one I know is more helpful to us wanna be's than he is and we appreciate it very much.

Looking forward to coming back to Rockcastle again. Beat hamburger known to man.

Congratulations to J.K. Rowzee as well, finished 6th over all not only fighting the running and such, but also as sick and green as a man can stand and still shoot. Hope you feel better amigo.

Congratulations to J.K. Rowzee as well, finished 6th over all not only fighting the running and such, but also as sick and green as a man can stand and still shoot. Hope you feel better amigo.

Red Neck Tactical dominated at this years Benelli/Rockcastle shotgun event, taking 9 of the top 10 finishes in Standard, and congrats to Dean DeTurk for his 4th place finish, after day one he was at the top as I recall. Obviously someone is hoarding ammo for practice.

Trapr

Great match. Had lots of fun! Squad 3 was a good group of guys to shoot with. Team Hoser drove a long way to attend and they did a very nice job of shooting. Hope to see them again in the future.

Joe did a good job on all things at this match. Thank You! RO's were hustling all weekend, awsome job!

Thank you Katie, Kurt, Traper for the clinic, good stuff.

Hope to make it back next year.

While I enjoyed shooting the match I will offer up some critique. Yea, I can run if I have too but I felt that we saw a little too much of that. Stage 1 had a 20 yard sprint with no shooting. Stage 2 had a 25 yards sprint just to retrieve your gun. Stage 8 was very physical and busted up one of our squad mates ankles. That stage was particularly nasty with an off camber trail and a rock strewn section and over 70 yards of movement for 16 targets. Stage 13 had a sprint to start shooting. Again, I enjoyed the match but those stage in particular favored the young athlete over the quality shotgunner. "We" complained about this stuff decades ago in the pistol only games and things got better. Hats of to Joe and company for making this match happen and I will shoot it again next year. But I hope that stages will be more in line with shooting challenges rather than a foot race with shooting mixed in.