Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 BENELLI ROCKCASTLE TACTICAL SHOTGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another trip to Rockcastle.... 'Lookin' fwd to it big time after a long boring winter :cheers:

Sorry the Yankee Candle won't be able to see you hosers this time around...just be sure to keep Pete on a short chain!!

I'll be shooting my mouse gun at this one.....so when we get to the buck shot stage(s), you'll be wantin me to shoot last or we'll be pasting 22 holes per target (if I hit em).

Starting to organize the gear and plan for a road trip :D !!!

Looking forward to a fun-filled couple of days that will hopefully be much less sweaty than last year :closedeyes: !

lonedrone

Extended forcast says 64 on Friday and 67 on Saturday, cloudy and little chance of rain.

Edited by T Bacus

From the IPSC rule book FWIW

1. For any course of fire incorporating one or more paper targets and requiring the use of buckshot ammunition match organizers are permitted to set a limit on the maximum number of pellets per cartridge and this limit will apply for the entire course of fire.

• - For 12 gauge the recommended maximum number of pellets is 9 per cartridge.

• - For 20 gauge and 16 gauge it is extremely difficult to acquire ammunition other than 1 Buck, 2 Buck or 3 Buck and these are supplied with between 12-20 pellets. An appropriate number of pellets should be nominated to suit readily available ammunition.

• - It is permissible to apply different criteria for 12 gauge, 16 gauge and 20 gauge in regard to the maximum number of pellets per cartridge.

But this is not an ipsc match, isn't it? :)

As far as I know, no it is not a IPSC event. My goal was to simply provide some context to the buckshot question.

Many matches take their cues from established match structures. I would imagine the same will hold for this event.

From the rules on the website:

4. Ammunition

• 4.1 12 ga. buckshot must have no more than 9 pellets and be 00 buck or 000 buck.
  • 4.2 20 ga. buckshot must have no more than 20 pellets and be #3 buck.
  • 4.3 Use of prohibited types of ammunition may result in a stage or match disqualification.

Doesn't seem to be any other specifications on ammo selection - I know last year that there were a few on my squad shooting #4 shot and #6 shot, but 7.5-8 were by far the most common.

Almost every one used low-recoil slugs of some kind.

lonedrone

lo

Edited by lonedrone

Another trip to Rockcastle.... 'Lookin' fwd to it big time after a long boring winter :cheers:

Sorry the Yankee Candle won't be able to see you hosers this time around...just be sure to keep Pete on a short chain!!

We decided to go with the shock collar this trip...

The weather forecast is looking good for Friday-Saturday so I'm guessing we'll finish the match on Saturday as published. Anyone up for a round or 2 of Sporting Clays on Sunday? The course is open for the weekend with a registered shoot taking place - but anyone can shoot the course.

Edited by GunCat

The weather forecast is looking good for Friday-Saturday so I'm guessing we'll finish the match on Saturday as published. Anyone up for a round or 2 or Sporting Clays on Sunday? The course is open for the weekend with a registered shoot taking place - but anyone can shoot the course.

I might be able to first thing in the AM as my flight leaves in the afternoon.

I am driving home on Sunday, but if I haven't shot up all my ammo, I'd love to shoot some clays!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by CJW

Looks like fun!!! We'll be on the road at o'dark thirty tomorrow on our way to Kentucky. The gear is all packed up. Looks like a 14 hour trip, may be there tomorrow night, not really planning to be there till Thursday morning. Weather looks good. It will be good to see old friends and make some new ones too!!

Stages are set and have been shot in. ROs start shooting today. Everyone travel safe that is coming and we will see you when you get here.

There is a shot size limit on the spinner and star. The course has been shot with a 21" barrel with an IC choke using wal mart light loads.

The match book is online. We waited to this week to post it so we cod get it as close as we could. There are very few minor changes to the book versus what's on the ground.