Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 BENELLI ROCKCASTLE TACTICAL SHOTGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max slug will be around 75 yards or so. Buckshot will around 30 yards. That could change when the stages are set up.

There will be a by stage round count put out around the second week of March.

Got some great sponsors and more are coming on board.

• 3 weeks later...

Pro clinic will Thursday evening before the match. Anyone interested in attending please send me an email at crrek375@gmail.com.

It will be ran by some of Team Benelli. Kurt Miller, Trapr Swanson, and Katie Harris. We encourage anyone to take the clinic.

If you wish to rent golf carts for the match, contact Rockcastle Shooting Center to make arrangements for them.

Stages are being laid out today on site. Stages will not be posted. Round count will be very close to what is posted on the website. There will be courses from 8 rounds to approximately 30 rounds.

Back when I first heard about this match, I looked at round count from last year, and scrambled around, figuring I'd need at least 75 slugs, and buck. I knew my guns ran Remington, managed recoil, but, couldn't lay my hands on any, but, after reading reviews on B&P, I found a case of those slugs, and they seem just as accurate as the Remingtons, and run in my M2, Benelli, I'm shooting open, and they don't have enough gas to run either of my open shotguns. Then, I managed to find a case of both slugs, and buck, in Remington, so I SHOULD have a bunch of extra with me that I could sell, if somebody is short. I could also bring along some full-power, Federal Truball.

If Rockcastle has ammo available for sale, I WON'T have any for sale. I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but, I don't really remember anything for sale at their 3-gun match.

I will be one of the R.O.s

I hope the weather is decent!! :cheers:

Edited by RH45

I will post round stage round count on the website first of the week. We drew up the final stages on site today.

312 birdshot

12 slugs

8 buckshot

We upped the bird a little and dropped the slug and buck down.

This weekend at the Rockcastle Shooting Center:

The Benelli Tactical Shotgun Championship crew was laying out stages

The USPSA pistol match was happening

The Metallic Silhouette group was shooting a match

A NRA Personal Protection in the Home class was going on

The Sporting Clay range is open with Bill McGuire giving lessons

Not to mention all the good food and refreshments being served up at the Park Mammoth Resort and Cave Valley Winery

Rockcastle is seriously one cool place! I'm lucky to live barely an hour away. see yall at the Shotgun match.

Awards will be Saturday night. It will be order of finish, no random draw. You earn what you get.

Round count is posted on the website.

Match book will be available online on the website by Monday. It will have anmapnof the stages and also the stage descriptions.

I could not find this in the rules section. Could anyone confirm what will be the time adjustment for misses? Is it going to be fixed per stage or based on target distance? And what are the penalty for not engaging some target?

gaming already?

Just gotta know the rules and plan how much time will I have to shoot that steel at 70y. :)

Last year all penalties were fixed time - there was no adjustment for distance/etc. I obviously can't say for certain about this year as I'm not involved in the match setup, but I would suspect things to be the same.

lonedrone

gaming already?

Just gotta know the rules and plan how much time will I have to shoot that steel at 70y. :)

Last year all penalties were fixed time - there was no adjustment for distance/etc. I obviously can't say for certain about this year as I'm not involved in the match setup, but I would suspect things to be the same.

lonedrone