Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For Recovering American Soldiers

Reshoot

When you sit down to address your holiday cards this year, please address one to:

A Recovering American Soldier

c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue

NW Washington, DC 20307-5001

Let's make a difference!

Excellent idea Dave! If you don't mind I'll add a few more good ideas for the holidays.

USO care packages are $25. They get sent to our troops around the world for Christmas. BUT you can send one anytime not just the holidays.

If you live near a military base consider getting in touch with them and look into hosting a service member for Christmas dinner! There are usually programs set up on the installations to help with this around the holidays. A soldier does not have to be on the other side of the world to be away from family and friends for the holidays.

Thanks DAVE!

NO.. That hasn't worked for years. The cards to Walter Reed will either be returned to you or not delivered. We once sent boxes of cards to Walter Reed and they were all returned.

(DOD policy)

The Red Cross has a program to deliver cards to the troops. Holiday for Heroes.

http://www.redcross....mail-for-heroes

Edited by Paul Santiago

HOOAH!! I'm sending gear directly this year as I have a handful of battle buddies in theater but AWESOME TO SEE PEOPLE WANTING TO HELP OUT! It makes me happy to be a part of this forum to see stuff like this! Just keeping this BUMPED!