Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Barrel

BUCKEYESFANINNM

I am sure that this discussion has bee posted several times. Can anyone suggest a good aftermarket barrel for Glock. I am looking to start reloading lead to save some $$ and I know that the factory barrel is sometimes notorious for not doing so well with casted lead bullets.

I've had good success with lone wolf and storm lake I bought used. I hear good thigs about KKM, more expensive than LW but probably better quality. No matter which barrel you pick check you load to see if it fits in the barrel. The aftermarket barrels are notoriuos for being tight and may need to be bored out if you load long.

My storm lake G22 barrel works very well, so does the 9mm conversion barrel. So

I am sure that this discussion has bee posted several times. Can anyone suggest a good aftermarket barrel for Glock. I am looking to start reloading lead to save some $$ and I know that the factory barrel is sometimes notorious for not doing so well with casted lead bullets.

Jarvis fitted barrel for me.

I didn't think it was possible, but my Glock 17 will shoot under a 1.5" average at 25 yards for 10-round groups with mine using 1.12" OAL, 124 PD JHP, same headstamp brass and 5.0 grains of N340.

I like not to have any safety concerns about the gun I'm running so I bought an aftermarket barrel "just in case".

By asking on this forum it sounds like you have doubts about safety. This is healthy.

I've heard good things from fellow shooters using lead with KKM, Lone Wolf and Storm Lake. I wanted my gun to look as stock as possible so I went with a Storm Lake because they had a G21 barrel in black. I don't like the engraving of the wolf which is probably the only reason why I didn't go for a LW.

There was a noticeable improvement in accuracy and I now have no doubt about shooting lead bullets.

There really isn't much left on to gun to spend money on and you can always change it back. ;)

DNH

Edited by daves_not_here