Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rob Leathams 9mm XDM load

lablover

I was watching some video yesterday and Rob mentioned that he was shooting his favorite 147 gr Montana Gold load in his XDM 5.25. He never mentioned what the load was. I'm sure this is a longshot but I'd be curious to find out what that load is?

Yea, I know.......Snowballs chance right :)

I know he posts on here as TGO and gives kudos to the XDM 5.25.

My Son is home from Afghanistan and we went to the range yesterday. I had some 147 mg reloads and he bought a box of some no name stuff. That no name stuff was scary accurate. It was a 115 gr load but thats all I know. Yes, I thought about him being a crack shot as well but I tried some and it grouped better than my reloads. I was kind of bummed out cause I thought I had a good load.

My load is 146 MG over 3.3gr of titegroup.

If I can digress as well. I have to say it was a treat to have my Son home. He has been over there in the sandbox 4 times already over 40 months in that $%^ Hole. he's scheduled to go again in Dec. What happen to the days when you went to war for 12 months and that was it. I must say, I'd love to have him shoot against some of the local guys here who think they are all that! Man, this fella is good! HE says it's because his Dad taught him well! LOL.. Good Kid !

Anywho, if anyone knows Rob and might have some insight or if anyone has any clue about this I'd be all ears. I sent him a PM but never got any word back. I'm sure it's some type of liability thing .

I don't know what his load is, but here's a post from his blog at robleatham.com:

"Happy to report – NO jams to date! However, it will not eject when I load 115 grains down to 900 FPS! This is a 103 power factor for you comp shooters! Yea, it was an experiment. I just loaded 115 grains over the same load of Tight Group as I’m using for the 147s. [...]"

Seems like he's a Tite Group guy. You just my .02 but his pet load may not be your pet load. Guns differ. You might try contacting him at his website or on face book. I don't know how often he checks in here.

Welcome home to your son and many thanks for his service :cheers: