Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullseye and .40

jamesb74

Hey guys,

I got out of .45 and have several pounds of Bullseye left. would like to see what some of you guys have found with Bullseye and 180 plated (MG) and 180 lead ( Extreme) would rather use it for 3 gun load if it can get soft enough.

thanks!!

Should work fine for Minor loads for 3gun. Like other powders at the fastest end you can get into trouble at Major loads. I've got a 40 with pitted breachface from Bullseye loads blowing holes in primers. Really the problem was too soft, old primers, but you get the idea.

You can go as soft as your gun will cycle, Bullseye works just fine at low pressures so long as you don't stick a bullet in the bore.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

4.6 gets me just over major out of a 5" STI. I would say put in a 10# or so recoil spring and work down from say 4.0 or 4.2 depending on the barrel length. Garyg22 had About the same starring point I believe. I use delta precision fmj so if you use lead you will have to adjust accordingly. Molly will be a tad smoky but little difference between them and fmj from my experience when using Bullseye.