Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger/AIM 3-Gun June 14-16, 2013 Blakely, GA

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stages are cool, physicalcality is maxed.

for any of you shooters west of Georgia, and your cell phone does not work, which usually tells me when i am in a different time zone.

It is EST here.

Don't be late like I almost was goin 2b.

Thanks to Andy, Mike, all the RO's, and Legion for a great match . TFD3G is best major match I've shot thus far, and most challenging.

I was glad the match wasn't a hose fest, and accuracy was a major factor in scoring.

Josh

Just got back to FL. I'll post links to about 100+ videos sometime in the next few days. I loved the match and the challenges and all I can say is I hope you guys make it a bit tougher next year. I didn't go into full cardiac arrest this time. Maybe have the competitors bludgen themselves with a baseball bat while running on a treadmill a few dozen times before having to para drop into the course of fire to spice things up a bit. :P

Mike and Andy + RO crew did a fantastic job. Just let me know where to sign up for next year and I'm in. I'll bring the bat and treadmill.

I've posted two videos over at a new thread under the video/photo area as to not clutter this thread up with videos of me breathing heavy and sliding around. The videos are first person so you get an idea of what in the hell went down. and up.. and down... and up at this match

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=176543

This was very likely the most physically demanding match I think I have ever shot, and definitely one of the most fun. It was crazy. Shot from 3 story towers, houses, cars, dump trucks...I think I actually shot my SG inverted from the car....

The facility was amazing. Thanks to Mike, Andy and al the ROs for making this match run, even with the long stages.

Finished 2nd in Tac Limited with my Irons rifle. This match was a real test for the rifle. I have not dialed my rear aperture up in a long while, but I did at this match.

I will try to make every one of these I can in the future. TFD is on my short list for sure.

Edited by Lead-Head

I’d like to give a big thank you to Legion for hosting us at your facility.

The sponsors can’t be thanked enough, that prize table was incredible. Please take the time to write them!

I got to see a lot of stuff as an RO for this match, but watching the TFD 3 Gun team charge up the hill on stage 9 was the highlight of my week. I hope everyone took the time to thank those men and women.

Mike & Andy- Can’t thank you guys enough for all your work and taking care of us all week. This was a great match.

Great match! Yes is was physically challenging, but was probably the most fun match I've shot to date. All the stuff Brian mentioned, plus a stage in a house, a real house with AC and all! I'm tired and sore today, but would do it again next week in a heartbeat.

I almost forgot to mention what an outstanding job JC Wren did with the scores using both paper and practiscore together. . How he did it in such a calm collected manner I'll never know. Thank you JC for your thoroughness and professionalism!

Excellent match. Probably the most physically demanding match ever. But just incredible stages and lots of fun shooting. Got to shoot with my excellent friends on the USMC Combat shooting team and other marines. And two excellent dudes from Houston. The food was good. A great place for a match. Well done.

Squad 13 was great. I enjoyed the friends that stayed at my place and came out for Sat. night. This was the wildest match I've shot. Please do it again next year!

After last year's Blue Ridge match, I didn't think I'd shoot a more physically demanding/fun match or see a group of RO's work harder-2013 TFD3G proved me wrong.

Big thanks to Andy, Mike, JC,all of the RO's and the Legion staff for a great match. Waiting for next year's dates so I can start planning.

I can't add much to what has already been said. This was a great match and I am glad others thought it was physically demanding because I was starting to think that maybe I was just getting old. A big thanks to the sponsors, RO's, Legion, and Mike and Andy. We got back home to MN after driving straight through from the match at about 0930 hrs. Monday morning. I didn't have the energy left to go right back to work.

Thanks to the rest on Squad 1 for making this an unforgettable match. I was able to be shooting with two of my sons on Fathers Day. How do you beat that?

I was the timer RO on stage 7. Definitely got plenty of PT in on that stage! Thanks to Andy and Mike for putting on a great match and giving me the opportunity to work the match, and to the competitors for coming out and having fun even with the heat and humidity.

I'm uploading my videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/rboyes