Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger/AIM 3-Gun June 14-16, 2013 Blakely, GA

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks, I've been getting quite a few emails asking about schedule and times for the match. If you have not read through this forum to gain all this info, we have published the basics on the match website. Look on the first/main page just under the TFD logo.

Registration will be from 4 to 7 PM on Thursday afternoon. Shooting will begin each morning at 7:15 Sharp. That means all shooters at your stages ready to go hot at that time. We are not going to do the normal shooters brief before the match. The RO's will give you your shooters brief at your first stage prior to your stage brief.

Hope this helps.

See you at the match.

On the stages that you start with the shotgun or the rifle unloaded and slung, does unloaded mean completely unloaded or can a magazine be inserted or the tube full??? Also, while you are unslinging the unloaded rifle or shotgun, can the muzzle break the 180???

Thanks

Thanks, Cheryl! I will grab a few and send 'em your way so that y'all dont feel so left out. I hate that yall aren't going to join us. Tell the man I said hello.

Edited by wgj3

How is the range set up as far as 3gun cart or work out of your car?

I think the powers that be are setting up today so I'll chime in on my experience last year. This range is huge and huge may be an understatement, it's like disney land for tactical operators. The range is several thosuand acres and driving in a vehicle is a must to get from area to area. We just worked out of the vehicle last year and it worked out fine, one guy had the back seat, the other the trunk. Parking was close to all the shooting areas so it wasn't too far of a trek to staging areas from the vehicle. I know some buddies of mine are taking carts and I suppose you could always take it and not use it if things are as they were last year.

Thanks, Cheryl! I will grab a few and send 'em your way so that y'all dont feel so left out. I hate that yall aren't going to join us. Tell the man I said hello.

Will - we will miss seeing you too. Scheduling on this match just didn't work out for us. The range is amazing. Best of luck!!!

Fordyce "Tactickle" Team

Folks we have been setting up for the past 2 days. Sorry for no response to your questions.

Every stage will allow you to work out of your car at this time. You should only have to carry your gear 50-75 yards at the most to get to the staging areas. That is if you are the very last vehicle to get to that stage. Most of them are fairly close to where you will park. I will be able to tell you more later, but its just Andy and I with 1 helper setting up every stage at this point. Things are coming together very well except for the weather. It has rained every day since Friday so it has made the facility a little muddy. We are hoping that it will dry up a little before the match but we shall see.

If I have not mentioned it before......you may want to make sure you know where your slugs are hitting.

See all of you soon.

How is the terrain at the facility? Boots? Fast shoes? Both?

From the looks of the stages I recommend both. I have not shot there since last year but know that when the clay is damp it can build up quite thick on your shoes. By the end of one USPSA match there last year I felt much taller, and was as I had 3/4" of clay built up on the bottom of my shoes.

Edited by chevyoneton

Looking at the map, seems there are a few routes from Montgomery AL to Blakely GA.

Could someone advise best route.

Google sends me from Montgomery to Union Springs to Eufaula and down to Blakely.

Curious about from Montgomery to Troy to Abbeville to Blakely.

Quickest is okay but best roads or easiest driving prefered.

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by silver star

As if we can find slugs to shoot

I see you're in Huntsville (so am I). Larry's has a HUGE supply of slugs and the South Walmart was stocked up pretty good this past Sunday. Both places were $5.99/box of 5.

Edited by Rob Tompkins

Looking at the map, seems there are a few routes from Montgomery AL to Blakely GA.

Could someone advise best route.

Google sends me from Montgomery to Union Springs to Eufaula and down to Blakely.

Curious about from Montgomery to Troy to Abbeville to Blakely.

Quickest is okay but best roads or easiest driving prefered.

Thanks,

Michael

If you were napping in the back seat, and I was navaigating, I'd stick with the Union Springs/Eufaula. Watch the signs closely at the intersections or you'll be driving all night. Looking at my handydandy McNally, 82 looks to be a better road than 10. Out of Eufaula you go across the river and it's about 2-3 miles to the 39 cutoff. When you go thru Ft Gaines keep an eye on the signs. It's all really nice 2 lanes thru the cotton fields, with maybe a deer or 3 wondering around. When you finally hit 27 (there is a Huddle House on the corner) hang a left and it's about 3 miles to the range road: Sherman Road (only on the right)

be safe!