Task Force Dagger/AIM 3-Gun June 14-16, 2013 Blakely, GA

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

How many days should we expect to shoot? I know last year we did it all in one day and it was a loooooong day. Will the stages be spread over a couple days or what exactly?

Multiple stages per day spread across Fri/Sat/Sun.

Edited by New4John

awesome thanks

How many days should we expect to shoot? I know last year we did it all in one day and it was a loooooong day. Will the stages be spread over a couple days or what exactly?

Multiple stages per day spread across Fri/Sat/Sun.

That will work. Thanks!

I read most of the post in this thread and looked at the match web page. So I hope this has not been gone over .

Will this be like Blue Ridge and require slings for the shotgun and rifle ?

<_< I have it on good authority that Vortex Optics will be on the sponsors list soon ;)

Edited by AlamoShooter

I read most of the post in this thread and looked at the match web page. So I hope this has not been gone over .

<_< I have it on good authority that Vortex Optics will be on the sponsors list soon ;)

Yep. I think there is a slung long gun on all but one stage.

A few miles from the range are the Kolomoki Indian mounds. I probably misspelled it. It's kinda cool to see the history. It's a state park and usually well kept.

Hi Folks,

For everyone's information and for clarification: Any bullet that is attracted by a magnet is NOT allowed at the match. This includes ammo with bi-metal jackets.

The match is getting close, and everything is coming together well. Jamie -- glad your going to be there!!

The plan is for everyone to shoot 4 stages on Friday and Saturday with 1 stage on Sunday morning. Shooting begins at 7:15 each morning. (Further clarification: this means you are standing on the stage with your gear ready -- not just driving up to the stage!!!!) Squad lists will be posted at AIM/Legion during registration. Hopefully, the awards will kick off around 12:30 on Sunday.

Shooters meeting will be Thursday evening at 6:30 near the registration area at AIM.

Andy

I found that there are two stages that start with a slung shotgun a most of the rest start with slung rifle. Its down in the stage descriptions.

Anything interesting to do in the Blakely area to fill any down time?

Kolomoki Mounds State Park is interesting and is literally a stones throw from the AIM/Legion facility. It doesn't take too long to go through either. We used to take my sons Boy Scout troop there for weekend camp outs when we lived in the area but that was many years ago. Otherwise, for interesting I'd say watching peanuts and cotton grow would about cover it.

The hotels in Blakeley seam to be booked, what town is the next closest to the range. And how about a map to the range ? or am I to blind to see ?

plenty of hotels in Dothan

found it on the map = 200 Sherman Road http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?encType=1&where1=200+Sherman+Rd%2c+Blakely%2c+GA+39823%2c+United+States&cp=31.4378218352795~-84.8912809789181&qpvt=200+sherman+road+blakely+Ga&FORM=MIRE

Edited by AlamoShooter

Entry to the TFD3G is closed. If you have not received an email confirming your registration and you think you should have, you need to send me an email at afh3g@yahoo.com. I will not be responding to PMs sent through these forums.

We are looking forward to seeing you all at AIM in a couple of weeks,

Andy