Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger/AIM 3-Gun June 14-16, 2013 Blakely, GA

Folks, Andy Horner and I spent the entire day yesterday laying out some stage designs while at the facility in Blakely, Ga. The stages are coming together well and we feel strongly that all the competitors will enjoy them as well as be challenged with every weapon systems. A couple of pieces of advice, " know where your slugs are hitting and understand your holds for your rifle when shooting from elevated positions".

Also, just in case any you have not heard, AIM Academy is now called "Legion". So if you are going to their site for information, location etc. please rest assured that the match is still a "GO" and it will still be at the same location (now known as Legion).

Once we get all the stage designs and round counts worked out they will be published!

We look forward to seeing everyone at the match.

Mike

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any tips on practicing for elevated position shooting when your stuck in flat land? And yes I tried but they made me pull down my deer stand attached to the side of the bench line cover structure on the 200 yard range at my home club.

Thom

Any tips on practicing for elevated position shooting when your stuck in flat land? And yes I tried but they made me pull down my deer stand attached to the side of the bench line cover structure on the 200 yard range at my home club.

Thom

Don't stress out over it too much, although I would have loved to see you in your stand on the range!! It will just be something a little different. know your rifle hold off's and you should be fine.

Folks,

We are looking for a couple more "experienced" RO's for the match. With 9 challenging stages, we are going to make sure that we have plenty of staff to cover down and ensure that no one gets over worked. If anyone is interested in working the match please PM me as soon as possible with your contact information as well as your experience RO'ing.

Thanks for the support.

Mike

Looks like this furlough is really going to happen, so can't take the chance with the funds right now. Really liked the unknown distance - truck stage last year. Hopefully, be there next year.

Andy has been on the road traveling for the past couple of weeks so I'm sure once he gets back and goes through the mail, he will shoot out an email to you with regards to confirmation. If you have submitted an application to this point, you have a slot!

Mike

Folks, we are still looking for a couple more ROs for the match if you are interested. Plesae PM me and I will explain the compensation that you will receive for your support.

Also, things are progressing well. The match website will be launched within the next 3 days at TFD3G.com. Once the round counts and stage designs are complete we will provide everyone with updates here and on the match website.

In the mean time, we look forward to seeing everyone at this years match!

Mike

Hello, the match website is up and running and can be found at http://www.tfd3g.com/ Here you will be able to find all the information needed, including stage design sponsors etc. We will continue to update the website as sponsors come in and "if" things change. We will also keep everyone up to date here.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone at the match.

Mike

Brian, yes the rules will be the same for the shotgun i.e. no more than 9 rounds in the gun at any time and your tube cannot hold more than 8 rounds (excluding open division).

Rules are also, posted on the home page of the website. You will see a link to them.

Mike

Also,

On the match website, each stage will have a round count breakdown posted later today.

In the mean time here is a total round count for the match (minimum round count of course).

Pistol: 193 rounds

Rifle: 89 rounds

Bird: 114 rounds

Slug: 27 rounds

Total: 423 rounds

Thanks for the suggestion MiniUzi -- got the page updated. We still have slots for shooters, and the match is coming together well. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Andy

Nearest airports are Dothan, Al. about 45min. Columbus, Ga. Little over an hour and Tallahassee, Fl. 1.5hrs

The Albany, GA airport and Dothan, AL airport are almost equal distance to the match site so one or the other may have a better connection time for folks getting to a hub airport. Both are regional airports serviced only by Delta Connection flights to Atlanta so you takes your chances and I have a couple horror stories flying in and out of Albany after residing there for several years. Both places have similar numbers of restaurants and hotels but I find Dothan better laid out and easier to navigate.

Columbus isn't a bad option with more air traffic and serviced by both Delta and American. The drive down is four-lane and 65 MPH nearly the whole way until south of Cuthbert, GA where some of the old two-lane sections are being converted to four-lane. You're almost to the match site at that point. Do watch out for the speed trap...I mean speed zone on US-27 in Lumpkin, GA. You don't even realize your "In" a municipality until you see the blue lights. Speeds are posted but you don't see the signs without noticing a change in the surrounding landscape.

I've had good luck flying in and out of Tallahassee even before they installed the latest weather radar system. Sometimes though for the price and flight connections it is no worse to rent a vehicle at the Atlanta airport and drive to Blakely. A little over three hours will make the trip coming down I-85 south to I-185, on through Columbus and picking up US-27 south just outside Fort Benning.

Hear-Pro, will be set up at AIM the day before shooting starts to make custom ear pro for anyone who would like some excellent ear plugs. They fit great and are very comfortable. Make sure you set aside some time to go by and see them.

Everything is progressing well with the match, and we are looking forward to seeing ya'll there.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello folks. Everything is going great with regards to this years match and we are really looking forward to it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be conducting a silent and/or live auction of some products.

We only know for sure of one product that just came in on behalf of Colt. They are donating a custom rifle (specifically for this match) that is not currently in their product line. MSRP is a little over $2K. All of the proceeds for this product will be donated to the Task Force Dagger Foundation. Below are the specs for it.

• 16” Heavy Barrel with an Extended Colt Modular 1- Piece Rail System.
  • Anodized Digital Camo finish
  • Smith Enterprises Muzzle Break
  • MagPul STX Stock
  • Folding Front Sight
  • 2 Position Gas System

Keith David (director of TFD) will also be on site with a table. He may be selling raffle tickets for a Glock, but that is still TBD at this time.

There are still a few slots left if you are interested in shooting the match. The prize table value is currently over $100K with a lot of great product!!

Take care

Mike

Mike, its Clay, from the match you just shot. hit me up with your contact info, I so I can set up what I need to do for your match.

p.s- Eric hosed me on your contact info, I am sure he will get the CD of your photos out any second. Ole reliable Easy E..... just like clock work

never mind, he came through. check your text princess.

Edited by walloflead