Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger/AIM 3-Gun June 14-16, 2013 Blakely, GA

2nd ANNUAL TFD/AIM 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

We are proud to announce the 2nd annual Task Force Dagger/American International Marksmanship Academy 3 Gun Championship (TFD/AIM). We understand that last year’s event had a few bumps and bruises, but we assure you that this year you will be very pleased with the match. There will be 9 or 10 stages, with most being across natural terrain, woods, structures, buildings etc.

Dates: 14-16 June Location: American International Marksmanship Academy, Blakely Ga.

Match Director: Andy Horner

Assistant Match Director: Mike Cassidy

The 2nd Annual TFD/AIM 3 Gun Championship will also be a part of the 3 Gun Nation Points series. The website for registration and additional match details will be up and running soon, but we will continue to keep everyone updated in the mean time. The application is available at here: 2013 TFD/AIM 3-Gun Application. You can type in the information required, then you must save and print the document.

Thanks, and we hope to see you there.

Andy and Mike

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick addition to the above. 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the Task Force Dagger Foundation. If you are unfamiliar with this great cause, please take a look at their website www.taskforcedagger.org/. We will most likely have a few side matches for everyone to have a great time and take full use of the great range facility that AIM offers. We are also working on a few concepts for a stage "or two" designs that no one has ever seen before at a 3-Gun match!! If anyone has any questions please let us know.

And if anyone is interested in being an RO for the match let us know.

Mike

Shoot Fri,Sat+Sun ? Finished early enough on Sunday to travel?

We cannot promise that everything will be complete early enough to fly home on Sunday but we are going to do our best to finish up as early as possible on the last day.

At BlueRidge there is no Heavy Optics so what pistol and shotgun is needed for this?

The only thing that changes and is required is that you shoot a 7.62 rifle. You can shoot your standard Tac-optics gear for the rest I.e. 9mm pistol and semi-auto shotgun etc. You can also have a variable power optic on your rifle.

We are planning on having a couple of side matches for folks to compete in and possibly win some great gear. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking at least one side stage that incorporates some long range shooting, possibly 1,000 to 1,500 yards? We will have a HUGE range complex at our disposal with plenty of space to set up a great match and some great side matches that are very unique and fun. If you have not had a chance to check out American International Marksmanship Academy, go to their website and look at where we will be for the match.

Let me know your thoughts and any suggestions that you may have.

Whats up Butch ;) It's me, Jake from MMI. I'm planning on shooting as of right now. The range looks awesome. Looks like CAGC is having a club 3-gun match in/around late January/early February. I'll at least be able to get my feet wet prior to jumping in with the big boys at TFD. That one might be a good chance for you to get some on the clock practice for your big match too as long as it doesn't interfere. Can't remember when you said it was. I'll keep you updated on that club match. If anybody else here is in the Central Alabama area and interested in a club level 3 gun match, just holler and I'll post the info here when available.

Thanks Jake. If I'm able to shoot in the CAGC match I will def. do so. It will all depend on schedule and availability. Let me know if any of you guys have questions or need anything from our end. I will continue to post updates as we have them to keep everyone informed.

Mike

White Male seeking roommate. Interests include big dogs, long walks on the known distance range, and the smell of burnt gunpowder. No contract necessary. No fat chicks.

:D

But seriously, I'm shooting with the ROs on the 12th and 13th and working the match on the weekend. If anybody is interested in splitting a hotel bill for that period of time, I'm your man. They also have on site lodging I'm looking into for pricing. That would be my preference if available and affordable. PM me if you're interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I apologize for not getting confirmation emails to those who have entered the match. Anyone who has sent in an application is in the match. With the holidays, and now getting ready for SHOT, I let the emails slide too long. I hope to have emails out to everyone one or two weeks after SHOT,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

XS Sight Systems has signed up to be a Bronze sponsor for the match. I hope that everyone is doing well. We are still accepting registrations for the match so please get your information into Andy as soon as you can. If anyone has any questions please let us know.

Mike