Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Super 1050 case feed fix

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got both the case feed fix and the primer drop the other day. Finally able to use both today. Loaded 200 rounds with no problems. The flipped case problem was completely solved. Thank you very much. Merry Christmas.

Skip,

I think thats the same problem I'm encountering with my 550...maybe you have 550 that you can do too...

I have a 550B but it is manual indexing press. I do remember having trouble with the last round hanging on exit but I have not used it in a long time. Is this what you are fighting or do they make an auto indexing version?

Skip,

I think thats the same problem I'm encountering with my 550...maybe you have 550 that you can do too...

I have a 550B but it is manual indexing press. I do remember having trouble with the last round hanging on exit but I have not used it in a long time. Is this what you are fighting or do they make an auto indexing version?

My problem was with my brass feeder...after it resize the brass get the second kick by the plastic feeder, when you do it a little faster it will kick the brass and bounce out of alignment...the principle is almost the same, it has a rail where the roller for the feeder ride...when I stroke the handle slowly it would not kick the brass out of alignment...so I think it needs a smoother angle like what you did...

Got both the cam and the primer chute yesterday Skip. My Super 1050 is new and I haven't really run it enough to have issues, but did repeat the problem as you illustrated in your video. Installed the new cam and loaded 100 .223 rounds fast as I could, worked flawlessly. Nice job on the machining of the parts.

The primer chute is nice too, though I dry fit it... I'm not keeping it on for now. Not needed yet. I deprime, size and trim on my XL650/RT1200B and with the press dedicated to .223 I have a universal deprimer at station one just to punch out any stuck media from tumbling to remove sizing lube.

Thanks Skip, you'll be highly recommended by me as well.

Edited by Boxerglocker

Got both the cam and the primer chute yesterday Skip. My Super 1050 is new and I haven't really run it enough to have issues, but did repeat the problem as you illustrated in your video. Installed the new cam and loaded 100 .223 rounds fast as I could, worked flawlessly. Nice job on the machining of the parts.

The primer chute is nice too, though I dry fit it... I'm not keeping it on for now. Not needed yet. I deprime, size and trim on my XL650/RT1200B and with the press dedicated to .223 I have a universal deprimer at station one just to punch out any stuck media from tumbling to remove sizing lube.

Thanks Skip, you'll be highly recommended by me as well.

Another satisfied customer.

And another setup I am jealous of :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

Skip-

Thanks for these. Love the primer chute for the 1050 - beats the heck out of stuffing the .223 casing and I have run about a thousand .45 casings since installing your cam without a single jam. Well done sir.

Edited by blueeyedme

Skip-

Thanks for these. Love the primer chute for the 1050 - beats the heck out of stuffing the .223 casing and I have run about a thousand .45 casings since installing your cam without a single jam. Well done sir.

Thats what we like to hear. I putting some stuff on 1-part.com with a coupon code for this forum of BEF