Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Super 1050 case feed fix

So whats the latest shipped cost for 2? does this replace the Dillon part or attach to it?

I sent PM. $8.00 each shipped

this part replaces the Dillon part

Thanks

Edited by SPRSkip

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks simple1, I have a couple waiting to see how it works on .223 to see if I need to change it for them

Skip, I got mine on Monday in great shape, did about 10 rounds of .223 just to check it out, no issues. Planning to load a bunch this weekend and I'll post back here.

Thank you. Feedback is good. I just loaded another 1000 rounds of 45acp waiting on product to finish up another batch of the plates. I did not have a problem from the case feed or the primers not dropping. My small primer warning system found two small primer cases and one that still had just the ring left after it punched the middle out of the primer. Life is good

Great fix. I just loaded a couple hundred .223 with zero case feed issues, and I tried at times to go faster than normal just to push it. I have to wonder why Dillon hasn't noticed this - I couldn't get through 15 cases before without a hangup on the feed into the shellplate.

Processed about 3k .223 brass this weekend. It definitely works better than before, but processing brass probably isn’t the best test. Dillon lube can really gum up the works so that the cases don’t always slide into the shell plate correctly.

I’ll be loading later this week and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Edited by simple1

Processed about 3k .223 brass this weekend. It definitely works better than before, but processing brass probably isn’t the best test. Dillon lube can really gum up the works so that the cases don’t always slide into the shell plate correctly.

I’ll be loading later this week and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Do you lube for trimming and brass prep but not for loading?

I just got my 1050. I plan to use it for .223. I bought an extra tool head for it.

I was planning on having three stages on my case prep toolhead. Full sizing, Dillion trimmer and a die like a neck die to clean up any burrs from the dillion trimmer.

On the second tool head I was going to finish out the process. I wasn't planning on using lube for this.

What are you doing?

Edited by Flash66

Flash,

It sounds like you are planning the same process that I use. I only use lube for case prep.

1) Lube

2) Run through prep toolhead: FL size/de-cap, swage, trim.

3) Wet tumble and allow cases to dry (wet tumbling also cleans up any burrs from trimming)

4) Run through loading toolhead: universal de-cap, prime, powder, bullet feeder, seat, crimp

Hope this helps.