Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Super 1050 case feed fix

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news - First round went out today, rest will go out tomorrow.

Bad news - I am in the hole cost wise so I will have to raise the price for future orders to $8.00 ea. and hope I get enough orders to come out even.

Also I have been working on the paw that indexes the shell plate and I have indications that I may have stumbled on something there as well. More to come later.

Thanks.

Bad news - I am in the hole cost wise so I will have to raise the price for future orders to $8.00 ea. and hope I get enough orders to come out even.

Also I have been working on the paw that indexes the shell plate and I have indications that I may have stumbled on something there as well. More to come later.

Thanks.

Yea, it needs to be longer. (If you are talking about the pin that goes into the hole in the shelplate to align it) When processing 308 brass the swage hold down rod hits the top of the brass before the shellplate is aligned by the paw... (or pin)

then you have a 25 cent piece of brass that is damaged beyond repair and have to remove it from the shellplate before it gets to the trimmer and screws that up too... :(

I've been trying to get Dillon to fix it for more than year...

Let me know when you come up with something! :)

jj

Eta; I need a couple of your plates too...

Edited by RiggerJJ

2 buck kick

Wow thanks. I didn't expect you to anti up on the ones I already sold.

I hope they work for everyone else and in other calibers as well as they have for me.

I am wondering about .223 in particular as we might even need to change timing a little more on it.

Leave me some feedback when you all get them please.

Thanks.

Yea, it needs to be longer. (If you are talking about the pin that goes into the hole in the shelplate to align it) When processing 308 brass the swage hold down rod hits the top of the brass before the shellplate is aligned by the paw... (or pin)

then you have a 25 cent piece of brass that is damaged beyond repair and have to remove it from the shellplate before it gets to the trimmer and screws that up too... :(

I've been trying to get Dillon to fix it for more than year...

Let me know when you come up with something! :)

jj

Eta; I need a couple of your plates too...

I actually broke the paw a while back (thats when I decided to fix the real problem that was the case feed) and made one without having one to use as a good pattern. It was just the other day that I noticed that I was not having to keep a close eye on the shell plate to be sure it was indexing correctly. I have cut the spring so it doesn't snap into place spilling powder. Now it seems to push the shell plate all the way into position evenly.

OK Folks. So I went to mail the second round today and they were charging me more than yesterday and I stopped them and asked why. They told me they charged the wrong rate yesterday and the ones that I sent yesterday would be upcharged with postage due on the other end. I probably dont have to tell you how unhappy I am with our postal service. No wonder they are broke. All I can do is warn you and say I am sorry if that's the way it turns out to be. If you have to pay on your end let me know and I will make it right.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Skip,

Just got mine. Looks good. Thanks.

I assume mine was in the first batch, Nov 29, but did not come in postage due.

Weight came in at 1.4 oz, and the $0.65 postage is correct.

Only thing I can think of is that the envelope changed and the PO minion gave his "expert" advice, just like in the "gun shop experts" humor thread.