Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite powder for 9mm ?

cecil

I am going to a gun show this weekend... i presently have plenty Win 231 .. but was thinking about a different powder for 9mm for my Glock 19

want to stock up before all reloading supplies are banned..

what is your favorite powder for 9mm ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to a gun show this weekend... i presently have plenty Win 231 .. but was thinking about a different powder for 9mm for my Glock 19

what is your favorite powder for 9mm ?

Seems like Powerpistol and Titegroup are good 9mm powders. If your going to have a lot of one powder, 231 is a good one.

The best answer I can give for this question is one of the threads that the Search function gives on it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151820&hl=%20favorite%20%20powder&st=0

If you type in "favorite powder" in the search box at the top right of the page when you are in the 9mm forum, you should see quite a few threads where this same question has been asked. :)

Hope that helps!

Don't start the panic! Everyone stay calm... Till Saturday when I pick up my $1700 order of powder and primers that my local guy just got in stock. Nothing to worry about...

I'm partial to HP38 for 124gr 9mm. Never had a need for anything else. Meters well and shoots good.

SP-2

Where can you buy SP-2?

Somebody always throws SP2 out there. They are just gloating that they probably have some left over from the days when you could get it. No longer available in the US unless something has changed in the last year or so.

Shame on you blue edge. :P

SP-2

Where can you buy SP-2?

Somebody always throws SP2 out there. They are just gloating that they probably have some left over from the days when you could get it. No longer available in the US unless something has changed in the last year or so.

Shame on you blue edge. :P

Would you use SP2 in production? Most reloading data pertains SP2 use in major IPSC loads. If yes, what's the recipe? And how does it compare to, let's say WST, TiteGroup, N320?

Sorry for branching out of topic OP.

Silhouette, WST and WSF all work well. I tinkered with Zip a bit, as well as Solo1000 and saw no great benefit. N320 is good, but for the added cost, no great advantage. Clays is okay, but does not meter worth a hoot.

I am uisng E3, but there is no load data for it so unless you know what you are doing, stick with Sil, WST or WSF.