Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View new content not working

Hammar

I've never known what "cache" is but I've dumped all history & deleted all cookies & temp files, etc. Is that the "cache? New content is still not working on my PC. I'm not complaining, just want you computer whiz guys to know.

MLM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never known what "cache" is but I've dumped all history & deleted all cookies & temp files, etc. Is that the "cache?

Probably not. Maybe research your browser to find out how to clear the cache. In most browsers, it's in the browser's (name of the browser) menu.

Or better yet, post what version of what browser you are using and someone will tell you.

I have cleared cache on all types of software used to access the forum and still cannot get New Content to work. Seems it would be user profile specific if view new content is working for some users and not others.

It seems to be working since whatever was done yesterday and now that I understand the New Content tools menu on the left side of the screen. Those options are nice and I can see changing them occasionally. I would rather have the mark all read in that menu and not buried in a submenu, but that's just me.

Thanks for your efforts, Brian

View New Content does not work for the Forums, but does work if you select Members. I use View New Content more than any other feature on the Forum :(

How are you accessing the forum? Are you using a link that takes you straight to VNC or are you connecting via www.brianenos.com/forums

If the former then try clearing cookies, log off and back on using the link shown above then try hitting VNC. Its possible you are using a link that contains index data that is incompatible with the software update.

Edited by BritinUSA

VNC works fine for me for the forums (with any of the forums settings clicked).

Please try a different browser and see if that helps.

be

View New Content does not work for the Forums, but does work if you select Members. I use View New Content more than any other feature on the Forum :(

How are you accessing the forum? Are you using a link that takes you straight to VNC or are you connecting via www.brianenos.com/forums

If the former then try clearing cookies, log off and back on using the link shown above then try hitting VNC. Its possible you are using a link that contains index data that is incompatible with the software update.

I have tried everything and every browser, tablet, iPhone, work computers and home gives me the same message. Sorry no new content

Damn Larry, I am the one who always has problems with the forums but this time around it seems to be working fine for me.

The only things I might be having trouble with are Emoticons not expanded on the screen. I have to click on the little smiley face to open them up. PITA

The few searches I have done have only shown me results for the very thread I had open at the time. It won't expand outwards either.

And as others have said the mark board as read would be ideal if it were closer to the action instead of hidden at the bottom of the page.

Good luck Pal!

be

Brian,

I went to a computer that has never accessed the forum and when I log in--Sorry, no new content with my account. I'm betting my account on the server has some file left over from the other version and is not reset.

Edited by lcs

I have tried everything and every browser, tablet, iPhone, work computers and home gives me the same message. Sorry no new content

Damn Larry, I am the one who always has problems with the forums but this time around it seems to be working fine for me.

The only things I might be having trouble with are Emoticons not expanded on the screen. I have to click on the little smiley face to open them up. PITA

The few searches I have done have only shown me results for the very thread I had open at the time. It won't expand outwards either.

And as others have said the mark board as read would be ideal if it were closer to the action instead of hidden at the bottom of the page.

Good luck Pal!

Lucky me :D

be

Brian,

I created a new account and VNC works for the new account. I used the same computer, same browser session, same browser (FireFox) and this account will not show VNC. I can log out and log in to the new account in the same browser session and the new account will show VNC.

I have cleared cache, cleared cookies, I have even searched my hard drive for enos and removed all references to brianenos.com. Still no luck. There has to be something on the server that is locked for my account.

This new version of the forum behaves the same way no matter what operating system or browser I use. VNC is hungup for my account. I have 25 years in IT and I have done everything possible from the client side accessing the forum.

I am sure IPB support has had this issue before with someones account.

Not trying to be a PITA, but I use VNC everytime I log in to view new forum entries.

Thanks

Larry

I noticed I have to switch between "Content I have not read" & "New since my last visit" to see what's new. It won't show up using whatever's selected when i first get here. I use a link directly to VNC on both my iPhone & computer.