Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jeremy's 170 pound weight loss

spanky

Congrats. One that demotivates me when I try to start losing weight is the amount of weight I need to lose sometimes seems too much. I'd like to drop 90 pounds.

I'm going to the gym in the morning.

Use small monthly goals. I'm on my way to dropping 50+ pounds. But that's only 8 pounds a month, in the winter when it's tougher to get as much exercise in (I do all outdoors, hate gyms). That can go as low as 4 pounds a month. Provided you don't give up though, you could very easily drop 50 by a year from today. Also take pictures of yourself.

I use Body Compare for my iPhone and take pictures on the 1st of every month. That will make you far more satisfied than a scale will. Since you may not always drop pounds, but you could be building muscle which is healthy. Also, I weigh myself never more than once a week. Always with the same criteria. After I've eaten lunch and before I shit. Don't lie to yourself and always cheat on one meal a week. And cheat good, stuff your god damn face. It gives you something to look forward too and keeps you from doing all the little cheats.

Edit, tried to quote JCH'a post on this. iPhone isn't playing along.

Edited by partyboy424

Jeremy CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BROTHER THAT IS AWESOME I KNOW HOW IT FEELS AND I AM STILL WORKING ON It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know the feeling of not seeing what everyone sees and the tuff mental game that it is. Keep it up and do not give up or turn back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I love seeing this, love it!!!

I'm Paleo and doing crossfit as well. Down 36lbs myself.

But like someone said take pictures it makes a huge difference!

I go as far as to blog my experiences, I wanted my story out there so I felt accountable to others, not just myself. It keeps me motivated when I know I can disappoint more than just myself! Www.whole360.blogspot.com

u2ynuhur.jpg

But to OP congrats man that is awesome!