Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picking up a 625JM Tomorrow

skdmrklcy

A friend of mine had been thinking of selling their 625 for awhile but I never really had the extra cash to pick it up. It was always just something I wanted to play with and didn't think I would really use it much. He had mentioned he was maybe thinking about getting a 5" M&P Pro so I tossed out a trade offer. SO I am trading a 5" M&P Pro and a little cash for an almost unused 625JM.

I am going to be finally be getting involved more with shooting more USPSA matches next year. So what should I start trying to build up to try this wheel gun out at some point?

Revolvers are one of my favorite things to shoot but I will have to do a lot of practice on reloads and really mastering the double action trigger pull.

I plan to mostly shoot Single Stack with a new STI Trojan 9mm that should be here soon as well with all the trimmings. (Actually may get it tomorrow if my FFL comes out to help at a NRA Class I am taking.)

One of the major issues I've seen with some friends JM models is really rough chambers.

Other than that welcome and enjoy!

Dave, the crown and forcing cone on mine were cut off center. Warren recut them and my groups improved 15-20%.

One of the major issues I've seen with some friends JM models is really rough chambers.

Other than that welcome and enjoy!

Dave, the crown and forcing cone on mine were cut off center. Warren recut them and my groups improved 15-20%.

I recut the forcing cone on my PC 625 to 11 deg (I think) and it helped, don't know as if I even checked the crown other than look at it for burrs.