Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

adclick in ie8

Yes I'm having problems in both i.e. and chrome. I think the foriums have been compromised. When I first got home I had a malware infection and I want to try and go to the forms either through chrome or i.e. it warns me about Malware. The only way I can get the forums now is via my iPhone

I get a malware warning in Safari, but not in OmniWeb or Chrome. I have a ticket in with TSS on it.

And with Safari, I get the same warning in brianenos.com (not the forums). So it's not related to the forums.

Yes I'm having problems in both i.e. and chrome. I think the foriums have been compromised. When I first got home I had a malware infection and I want to try and go to the forms either through chrome or i.e. it warns me about Malware. The only way I can get the forums now is via my iPhone

Chrome on Mac is fine for me. Are you on Mac or PC? (Sorry, not sure if Chrome is available for PCs.)

Chrome on Mac is fine for me. Are you on Mac or PC? (Sorry, not sure if Chrome is available for PCs.)

Nevermind, now Chrome is displaying the "you might get a virus" warning.

Total Server Solutions found, and removed malware from the server that was affecting brianenos.com.

At their advice I petitioned google to rescan brianenos.com... the rescan is still pending.

In the meantime, the forums are working fine from the OmniWeb (my favorite) browser.

The (old software) forum was hacked. Then google detected the malware it installed, and then blocked anything on brianenos.com (inc. the forums).

It takes them on average a day or so to rescan brianenos.com (inc. the forums) to confirm the malware has been removed. (I have the rescan request in with google.) If we still don't pass tomorrow, I'll have TSS rescan the site again for more malware.

During all this we upgraded the forums to the latest version of the software.

From google:

Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.

YEHAA!

the Adclick Jacked my computer , when I tryed to clean it up the computer went into a loop

Sometimes not worth it to clean it up. Had a similar thing happen to my laptop, kept getting malware warnings, used the tools to remove it, but still kept coming back, in the end because I was using both XP / W7, I just used the System Restore Function which solved the problem.

So now I make a habit of creating a System Restore point every week.

Cheers ....

the 'System Restore' is ware my probelms started to get worst. = everything startes ok and thin the computer went into a constant nonresponsive loop. So at the first sign that it was not going rite I unpluged my internet conection ? " I don't know why, just seamed like the thing to do"? any way after a few hrs I shut it down and restarted it = but the it would hit the same loop. shut it down and started in "Safe Mode" Macafee scan did not come up with any thing.

New Forum lay-out dang ware is the spell check ??

the 'System Restore' is ware my probelms started to get worst. = everything startes ok and thin the computer went into a constant nonresponsive loop. So at the first sign that it was not going rite I unpluged my internet conection ? " I don't know why, just seamed like the thing to do"? any way after a few hrs I shut it down and restarted it = but the it would hit the same loop. shut it down and started in "Safe Mode" Macafee scan did not come up with any thing.

New Forum lay-out dang ware is the spell check ??

Jamie,

I posted this elsewhere, but this is probably the better place; boot your infected computer in "safe mode with networking", then go to the link below and follow along. it worked for me...

It dumped "file restore" trojan horse malware on to one of my computers, spent a couple hours recovering it. Go here if you are in the same boat, it worked for me;

http://malwaretips.c...e-restore-virus

"File Restore is a computer virus that will display bogus alerts, claiming that several hard drive errors and computer issues were detected on your machine.This alerts are professional looking pop-ups and when you click on them, you are advised to buy File Restore to fix the detected errors.Some of the bogus alerts you may see include:...."

jj