Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So Why Don't Functional Grip Safeties Matter Again?

I agree all safeties do not have to be functional in a singlestack, limited, or open gun. If that is the case then how are pinned grip safeties legal? In IDPA all the safeties must work, In USPSA it is not a requirement. The trigger safety is the primary safety on a Glock and is the one that counts. I Know Troy McManus has posted on here about the Glock trigger safety being the external one and the one that counts.

Seen the FP safety removed on glocks to get a lighter trigger pull and its allowed outside of Production.

Not at any match I RO/RM. See 5.1.6:

Handguns must be serviceable and safe. Range Officers may demand examination of a competitor’s handgun or related equipment, at any time, to check they are functioning safely. If any such item is declared unserviceable or unsafe by a Range Officer, it must be withdrawn from the match until the item is repaired to the satisfaction of the Range Master.

Servicable and safe is subjective. So do you also not allow 1911's with pinned grip safeties. Its no worse than a Glock with a FP safety removed. Hell most 1911's we compete with don't have a FP safety.

Pat

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic