Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load recommendations for .45

JoseyWalesX

At the Charity Classic my 625 ran 172 in the middle of the day and 168 in the evening just before dark temps had dropped a little using 230 lead plain cast with 3.9 of Clays. Chrono work showed my gun didn't drop velosity at 3.7 but was erratic on the spread so I stayed with 3.9. Takes 4.0 to 4.1 of Clays using a Precision Delta 230 jacketed bullet to make major with a 5 inch 1911 or my 625. OAL at 1.250.

I ordered some of the xtreme bullets to try. Is there a standard OAL that will work out of a revo and a 1911?

• 3 months later...

At the Charity Classic my 625 ran 172 in the middle of the day and 168 in the evening just before dark temps had dropped a little using 230 lead plain cast with 3.9 of Clays. Chrono work showed my gun didn't drop velosity at 3.7 but was erratic on the spread so I stayed with 3.9. Takes 4.0 to 4.1 of Clays using a Precision Delta 230 jacketed bullet to make major with a 5 inch 1911 or my 625. OAL at 1.250.

I ordered some of the xtreme bullets to try. Is there a standard OAL that will work out of a revo and a 1911?

I never had trouble with 1.22, but of course the 1911 might be picky.